Investment Accounting Specialist
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance citizen services—creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent and innovation led company with 738,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries.
Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability. We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes because of our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Accenture Song.
These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients succeed and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities.
The Investment Accounting Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the accounting and reporting for a global insurance company's invested asset. These assets total over 330 billion and are comprised primarily of fixed maturity securities and includes private equity, hedge funds, commercial residential loans and equity securities. The Investment Accounting group specific responsibilities include reconciliation of transactional data from various sub ledgers Clearwater, Investran, and LMS to the general ledger and ultimately the company s financial statements as well as all related external reporting for investments 10Q K, Financial Supplement, STAT Audited Financials and Investment NAIC reporting . The team is also responsible for the implementation of new accounting systems as it relates to invested assets, implementation of new GAAP and STAT accounting standards as it relates to invested assets, establishing the accounting for new transactions or new investment types and management of the risks, controls and audit as it relates to investments and supporting Investment FP&A.
- Execute and support accounting processes related to the monthly and quarterly accounting close to ensure accuracy of client's invested assets data.
- Prepare the client's statement of cash flows for investments.
- Execute and support the preparation of certain Investment disclosures for client's 10QK and Financial Supplement. These include all Investment, Lending, Fair Value, VIE Footnotes and Investment MDA.
- Assist in new initiatives for process improvements and systems implementations, in coordination with other areas of the department organization.
- Prepare annual investment related NAIC STAT reporting exhibits, schedules, and disclosures.
- Point of contact and support for the various business unit and corporate controllers.
Something looks off?