Tax Manager - Ventures & Acquisitions/Client Engagement
Location: Chicago or San Francisco Bay Area
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance citizen services—creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent- and innovation-led company with approximately 743,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries.
Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology and leadership in cloud, data and AI with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability.
We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes because of our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Song. These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients reinvent and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Partner with teams to deliver tax services to Ventures & Acquisitions and Client Engagements for the Market Unit. This includes but is not limited to evaluating and efficiently structuring Client Engagements, Ventures & Acquisitions, addressing the impact of taxes across the entire deal lifecycle. This role will assist with managing deals and work directly with client leadership teams and senior leadership in corporate functions (Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure tax objectives related to Accenture’s corporate transactions are achieved.
- Assist with all phases of tax deal review, due diligence, post-merger integration, planning and coordination.
- Assist Accenture in reaching its goals through identification and mitigation of tax risk and strategic tax planning, including operations and integration.
Develop Key Relationships:
- Work collaboratively with other Tax experts, Accenture project leadership teams and outside advisors to execute transactions, tax planning efforts and initiatives.
- Build relationships with leadership on deals and advise on all tax related matters associated to the deal.
- Work collaboratively with other Accenture teams such as Accenture’s pricing teams, Finance, Legal, HR, Treasury and Internal Procurement.
Demonstrate Thought Leadership:
- Work with other Tax experts and outside advisors to research the implications of tax laws and changes to tax regulations and advise Accenture on tax related issues.
- Remain up to date on current tax laws and practices and communicate any changes that may impact a deal to Accenture project leadership teams.
- Assess tax risk for major deals and plan work/resources in a tax efficient manner.
- Meet with client deal teams and client/vendor/target tax department personnel as appropriate to gather requisite information and negotiate tax aspects of major deals.
- Review all applicable information (covering entity, individual/employment, and transaction tax issues)
- Coordinate with Tax experts globally for input from a local tax perspective and interact with tax authorities when required.
- Draft and negotiate contract/legal document terms.
- Discuss with internal and external stakeholders recommended approach and risk mitigation/tax planning strategies.
- Communicate and present tax findings, potential impact of such findings on structure and other related tax issues with senior leadership and project teams.
- Prepare appropriate tax documentation.
- Review and validate compliance with internal Accenture tax policies and procedures.
- Utilize global tax tools and technology.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our outside counsel and accounting firms as well as Accenture’s pricing teams, Finance, Legal, HR, Treasury and Procurement.
- Analyze financial models to determine tax impacts.
- Ensure efficient tax cash flow management; maintain relationship with the Service Center and Treasury to manage funding and closing cash flow.
- Manage strategic tax projects, including projects with other parts of the Tax group as necessary.