Amazon Robotics - Product Quality Engineer Co-op - Fall 2023
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 6 month co op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from July to December 2023. Amazon Robotics Co-op opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Advanced Product Quality Engineering (APQE) organization is seeking a talented and motivated Product Quality Engineer Co-op with a desire to work with a portfolio of ground-breaking advanced technologies and interface with complex and state-of-the-art manufacturing environments. You will be responsible for working with cross functional technical teams to solve problems and deploy product improvements. You will actively work with hardware, production, and external vendors to achieve the highest quality products at the lowest cost. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented team, work on leading edge robotic and advanced technology solutions, and drive improvements and effectiveness of operations while building your career for future opportunities.
Key job responsibilities
The Product Quality Engineer Intern will be responsible for:
* Partner with stakeholders in requirements development for new product development.
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive team continuous improvement initiatives.
* Quality defect evaluation and internal escalation/coordination.
* Assist in failure analysis.
* Assist in internal quality investigations and CAPAs.
* Supplier development and communication to reduce defects.
* Work with field quality and maintenance engineering to triage issues.
* Present findings to leadership and at Quarterly Business Reviews.
* Assist in data collection and visualization.
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering or related education
* May 2024 graduation date or later
* Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6-month co-op from July to December 2023
* Previous experience in a professional environment
* Data analysis skillset and experience in using visualization tools such as Tableau
* Previous experience with databases, SQL and/or scripting language(s)
* Knowledge of standard quality tools including 5-Why, Fishbone Analysis, 8D, Controls Plans, and FMEA
* Functional knowledge of measurement hand tools
* Basic understanding of statistical techniques including Cpk, GR&R, sampling plans
* Control of Non-Conforming process experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Understanding of metrics, process capabilities, LEAN, databases, data collection and mining
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* PPAP/APQP experience
* GD&T blueprint reading
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Something looks off?