Sr. Product Launch Manager, Amazon Robotics Product Launch
Are you inspired by invention? Are you passionate about your customers? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Product Launch Manager (PLM) who will lead the delivery of strategic new product initiatives to the field. As a customer facing Product Manager, the PLM will lead the launch of innovative products and solutions aimed at improving the efficiency and lowering the cost of Amazon’s next-generation Fulfillment, Sortation, and Delivery Centers. This position is responsible for validating the new products prior to a large-scale rollout, generating field insights and identifying new requirements relevant to scaling. The incumbent will own the coordination, communication, risk management and serve as a liaison between the Operations, Program Management, Product Development, Software/Hardware Engineering and Systems Architecture. This role will require the ability to build relationships with customers and capture and synthesize the voice of the customer (VoC).
If you are an experienced, hands-on, Technical or Product Manager with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence business and technical leaders in a dynamic environment, we want to talk with you. Joining our team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to build unique systems that benefit millions of customers and support sellers spanning the globe. The ideal candidate will draw upon relevant operations experience, exemplary product/program management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems. The candidate should be open to new challenges, strong at multi-tasking, detail oriented, creative, self-directed and a great team player. The candidate should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional operational and development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
Key job responsibilities
• Build, maintain, and communicate product launch plans and track the deliverables, milestones, risks and dependencies from the cross functional launch team.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout new product launch.
• Establish and develop relationships with Warehouse Operations early in the launch process and utilize these relationships to develop strategic partnerships throughout launch.
• As the onsite Product Manager, identify missed, incomplete, or latent customer requirements, and drive these requirements until they are either fixed outright, dispositioned, or incorporated into the product roadmap.
• Capture and synthesize the Voice of the Customer (VoC) for all new product introductions and leverage this information to prioritize system defects and lead the triage efforts with product development.
• Leverage operations background and site knowledge to influence the solution/system test plan, creating realistic, effective, and efficient data validation plans.
• Leverage product knowledge to influence the Product Requirements and Functional Requirements early in the development process, ensure that the Operational perspective is captured in these and other design documentation.
• Hold regular Launch Readiness Meetings with program stakeholders, executive management, and coordinate stakeholder support for these meetings. Own and execute the communication plans.
• Coordinate Amazon Robotics staff for new product introduction while onsite. This includes system delivery, install, and initial checkout. Partner with Program Managers and Development Leads to troubleshoot issues quickly and maintain launch plans.
• Assist the training manager in organizing, delivering and improving the relevant product training materials.
• Organize cross functional launch retrospectives to incorporate lessons learned into future launch plans.
• Up to 35% travel is expected.
About the team
The Product Launch team is responsible for introducing new AR products and services to our Operations Partners in the field. We work with these partners to ensure that they and their sites are ready, and simultaneously we work with our Program, Development, and Support teams to ensure that the products and services are ready for Operations.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 3+ years of technical product or program management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience developing and launching V1 products
- Master's degree
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience bridging technical and business teams to collect and refine requirements, prioritize incoming work requests, and ensure all committed work is delivered on time
- 6+ years of technical product or program management experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.