Reality Capture Technical Specialist
Amazon is building the next generation software, hardware, and processes that will run the global network of fulfillment centers that move many millions of units of inventory, and ensure that customers get what they want when we promised. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying robotics, autonomy, supply chain optimization, machine learning, manipulation, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems.
We are seeking a talented and solutions-oriented Reality Capture Field Engineer to contribute to delivering transformational innovation to the business. As a Reality Capture Field Engineer, you will work closely with field deployment engineers and cross-functional teams to improve the quality and productivity of automation deployment for Amazon’s fulfillment network. This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Travel to support deployment of automation
- Perform 3D LiDAR scans of physical facilities and process point cloud data
- Establish a control network and perform survey stake-out
- Develop standard operating procedures for use cases of reality capture
- Train deployment engineers in use of 3D LiDAR scanning
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Boston, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- BS in Mechanical, Civil, Geospatial Sciences or equivalent
- Competence in use and application of Autodesk (Revit, ReCap, and BIM360) or equivalent
- Industrial experience working with cross functional teams and field operations
- Experience in 3D LiDAR scanning and point cloud data processing
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Excellent business communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience as a solutions specialist in Surveying or construction BIM/AEC
- Experience in survey stake-out with a Total Station
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $72,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $182,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.