Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Operations organization manufactures high-quality robotics and gets the right materials to the right place at the right time to enable our automated solutions. It’s a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and performance indicators.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Sr. Manufacturing Engineer with a proven track record of implementing best in class test techniques and processes within a complex supply chain. This role will report to the Manager of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering. You will be responsible for applying design for X principles to influence product designs and transition a wide range of autonomous robotic solutions from design to production. You will work cross-functionally to develop suppliers, manage product lifecycle changes, lead product quality improvement projects and drive technical root cause for supplier defects. The successful candidate will be capable of making wide-ranging business decisions on behalf of the organization and willing to “roll up sleeves and do what needs to get done” to consistently deliver results.
Key job responsibilities
• Provide design for X guidance/feedback on electromechanical designs.
• Guide best practices on manufacturing tolerances using GD&T.
• Launch tooling with accelerated schedules. Assess project risk.
• Review external production processes, identify risk and mitigate.
• Qualify production processes based on dimensional data, control plans.
• Drive internal and external PFMEA reviews.
• Solve technical problems across a broad set of manufacturing commodities.
• Mentor team members and design engineers.
• Propose design changes that will enhance product sustainability.
• Evaluate and approve product electrical Engineering Changes Orders (ECOs).
• Evaluate production, supplier and field failures for root cause analysis and resolution.
• Up to 30% travel required.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- BSME/EE or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise with new product development.
- Familiarity with industry standard tools for problem solving and risk management.
- Broad manufacturing commodity background (Mechanical and Electrical).
- Deep commodity experience with one or more of the following:
- DC Gearmotors, encoders
- Plastics (Primarily injection molding)
- Printed Circuit Board Assemblies, Sensors, Cameras
- Engineering or Business Master’s degree.
- Experience across multiple design and operations disciplines.
- 3+ years technical team leadership.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.