Amazon Robotics - Supply Chain Co-Op - Spring 2024, Amazon Robotics Operations and Supply Chain
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics co-op opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
This role is a 6 month co-op from January - June 2024.
The Supply Chain team is seeking Spring 2024 Co-Op's with interest in supply chain purchasing, logistics, planning, sourcing, and process improvement. The successful candidate for this position will have a high sense of urgency, the ability to work cross functionally, and the desire to improve the outcome for our customers.
Key job responsibilities
• Developing an understanding of our Supply Chain and Systems and Tools processes and identify targets for improvement in transactional and operations efficiencies.
• Supporting the execution of supply chain cost/lead time, safety stock, procurement, planning, warehousing/logistics, and/or new product introduction programs, including the exploration of opportunities across multiple Amazon business units.
• Leading projects to automate our cross-functional processes between Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Deployment, and Engineering.
• Developing processes and mechanisms related to expanding capacity and programs in our Robotics Operations Center of Excellence.
• Developing efficient and accurate metrics and mechanisms for measuring and reporting supply chain performance. Support the introduction of new software/tools/dashboards.
• Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
A day in the life
The Supply Chain Co-Op works within the Supply Chain organization to support the development of business processes for the Supply Chain Planning, Strategic Sourcing, Logistics, and Systems and Tools teams. The Co-Op should have a good understanding of supply chain, operations, finance, and general business practices.
About the team
The Amazon Robotics Operations and Supply Chain organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology and is responsible for getting the right materials to the right place at the right time to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It’s an operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and metrics.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Boston, MA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in field of Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field
* Currently enrolled in college/university and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the co-op
* December 2024 graduation date or later
* Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) co-op from Jan - June 2024
* Expert in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
* Experience with programing such as SQL and Python and data visualization tools such as Tableau
* 2-4 years of experience in supply chain or relevant fields
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Understanding of metrics, process capabilities, and LEAN techniques
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.