Amazon Robotics - Electrical Engineer Co-op - January to June 2024, Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 6 month co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January to June 2024. Come join us in North Reading, MA, or in our newly expanded innovation hub in Westborough, MA!
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated electrical engineering student to assist with system design, implementation, and release to manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have had experience with and interest in electrical engineering concepts, circuit analysis, creating schematic designs, doing component research, and creating test procedures & reports.
The Electrical Engineering Co-op will be responsible for:
- Assisting an interdisciplinary team of engineers in the execution of product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing, and certification
- Assisting in the architecture, design, and implementation of complex circuit designs.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
- Currently working towards a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering (or similar field) with at least one semester remaining of school after the completion of co-op
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6-month co-op between January to June 2024.
- Classroom and project experience in electrical and/or system level design
- Willingness to research and learn new technologies
- Commitment to rigorous testing practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior internship or co-op experience in a similar field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.