Resource Management - Sr. Software Engineer III, Amazon Robotics (AR)
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Engineer to architect, design, develop and test technologies that control and optimize robotic fulfillment used by .com operations.
As a Senior Engineer on the Resource Management team, you are a key member of a diverse team of engineers who deliver highly scalable robotic systems. You will architect, design and implement systems which assign work, maintain healthy charge levels and manage the storage of Amazon products within its Robotics solution. Our teams software is at the heart of ensuring Amazon’s retail customers get their packages on time.
You will have opportunities to collaborate and work with research scientists, applied scientists, data scientists and cross-functional teams on cutting-edge automation solutions for ever-growing 's robotic fleet.
Key job responsibilities
Architect, design, and implement robotic applications and infrastructure.
Influence the team's strategy and contribute to long-term vision and roadmap.
Work with stakeholders across , science, and operations teams to iterate on design and implementation.
Maintain high standards by participating in reviews, designing for fault tolerance and operational excellence, and creating mechanisms for continuous improvement.
Prototype and test concepts or features, both through simulation and emulators and with live robotic equipment
Work directly with customers and partners to test prototypes and incorporate feedback
Mentor other engineer team members.
Utilize Robotics and engineering , processes and technologies
About the team
As a Senior Engineer on the Resource Management team, you are a key member of a diverse team of engineers delivering highly scalable robotic systems. You will architect, design and implement systems which assign work and maintain healthy charge levels for a fleet of Robots. Our teams software is at the heart of Amazon’s robotic network ensuring our retail customers get their packages on time.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- M.S./Ph.D. in Science or related field
- Strong background in algorithms and hands-on experience in developing algorithms for highly-scalable systems
- Experience in autonomous path planning or navigational solutions/algorithms
- Experience developing in Web Services - AWS
- Robotics expertise with hardware and firmware and how it interacts with the Robotics movement, , etc.
- Experience with mentoring other engineers.
- Experience developing cloud services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems
- Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
- If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.