Principal Technical Product Manager - Robotic Sortation, Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Within Amazon Robotics, our team is responsible for the Robotic Sortation business vertical. After a customer package has a customer label applied, our technology solutions sort and containerize packages, and then move and stage containers. By delivering state-of-the-art solutions that uniquely satisfy the needs of the complex Amazon sortation network, we are able to improve safety, reduce cost to serve, reduce cycle times, and ensure on-time and high quality delivery to our consumers. To help deliver on our vision, we are seeking a seasoned technical product manager to help lead us into the future.
As Principal Product Manager-Tech, you will lead strategic products that play a key role in our delivery promise to customers. To be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. Keeping an open mind, sense of humor, drive-and-ambition will help you keep innovating in our culture. This will be an exciting career for you if you are comfortable operating at a high level of autonomy and integrity while managing a variety of job responsibilities. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have the ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. This leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Create the vision and product roadmap that achieves our key objectives for this new and growing business vertical.
- Identify opportunities, create business cases, and champion your vision to build organizational alignment.
- Write requirements and specifications and drive the product development schedule from design to release.
- Lead cross-functional product efforts across engineering, operations, design, and finance to deliver groundbreaking sortation solutions that are easy to use and maintain for our Ops teams.
- Partner with teams across and outside of Amazon Robotics to drive alignment in roadmaps and objectives.
- Lead project execution and ensure that the project delivery is to the levels of quality and in line with its target date, ensuring the overall integrity within the program.
- Help other product managers by establishing best practices around customer understanding, requirement specifications, and business case assessments.
- Participate and contribute to long term planning (3 year planning, operating plan for next year) for your area of ownership.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
- 10+ yrs of Technical Product Management experience, ideally in a B2B industry.
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience leading cross-organizational programs and setting and holding teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables without explicit authority
- MBA and a strong passion for developing strategies that maximize business results while delivering strong value to customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.