Amazon Robotics - Quality Systems Engineer Co-op- Spring 2024
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Key job responsibilities
The Quality Systems Engineering Co-op will be responsible for:
* Working cross-functionally with teams to solve problems in a structured manner (8D, using data, etc).
* Identifying improvement opportunities and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
* Ensuring high-quality results through attention to detail.
* Developing, testing, implementing and maintaining quality processes and evaluating their effectiveness.
* Performing data collection and visualization.
A day in the life
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering or related education
* Currently enrolled in college/university and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the internship
* Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) internship from Jan-June 2024
* Previous experience in a professional environment
*Experience related to process improvement, quality systems and value mapping.
* Data analysis skillset and experience in using visualization tools such as Tableau
* Previous experience with databases, SQL and/or scripting language(s)
* Knowledge of standard quality tools including 5-Why, Fishbone Analysis, 8D, Controls Plans, and FMEA
* Basic understanding of statistical techniques including Cpk, GR&R, sampling plans
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $37.16/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $103.65/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.