Amazon Robotics - Quality Assurance Engineer Co-op - January to June 2024
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon.com empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 6 month Spring Co-op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from January to June 2024. This role is offered in North Reading, MA or Arlington, VA.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer Intern, you will:
• Work closely with robotics deployment teams to review existing quality processes used in the field, identify opportunities, and recommend solutions to improve quality management system.
• Directly work with other engineers to capture and deep-dive quality data.
• Develop documentation and lead reviews with other engineers.
• Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables.
• Utilize Amazon Robotics and Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies.
• Identify current quality management system problems, develop solution, and present to Sr. Leadership of Amazon Robotics.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Quality Engineering, Process Engineering or any process improvement-centric discipline and have at least 1 semester left after completion of the co-op
- Experience in data analysis to deep-dive process gaps and implement scalable solutions across deployment teams.
- Exposure to Lean/Six Sigma tools or any other industry standard process improvement tools to drive process changes.
- This job does require 50% or more travel anywhere within United States. Valid US driver's license required.
- Have led process improvement projects which includes data capture/analysis to identify existing gaps and recommendation on new solutions using six sigma tools.
- Interest in Robotics including coursework or clubs.
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.