Amazon Robotics - Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op - Spring 2024
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 6 month co op to join AR full time (40 hours/week) from Jan to June 2024. Amazon Robotics Co-op opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Manufacturing Engineer Co-op will be responsible for delivering and supporting operations and production projects by partnering with Amazon Robotics Tech Ops Engineering process owners and other cross-functional team members.
This Co-op will be responsible for:
- Creating mechanisms, processes, and/or documentation to improve material approval process or production floor operations
- Gather, analyze and document functional/technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and production issues reported by end users
- Drive resolutions within supply chain network and address manufacturability, production or design issues
- Propose design changes that will enhance product manufacturability and testability
- Qualify supplier production processes based on dimensional data, control plans, PFMEAs
- Design and implement into production manufacturing tools and fixtures
A day in the life
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Westborough, MA, USA
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Junior year or above in Engineering program
• December 2024 graduation date or later
• Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6-month co-op from Jan to July 2024
• Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Engineering Management
• Previous co-op experience in a professional environment desired
• Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with GD&T is a plus
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged
• Demonstrated understanding of quality metrics, process characterization and mapping, Product Quality / Reliability / Improvement techniques, LEAN Manufacturing, DFM/DFT, and Continuous Process Improvement.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.