Mechanical Engineer, Robotics Storage Tech
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Key job responsibilities
Job Overview – As an Amazon Robotics mechanical engineer, you will develop innovative system architectures and hardware designs for our robotic systems. The ideal candidate has experience designing and analyzing mechanical systems, enjoys analytical problem solving and possesses practical knowledge of high volume manufacturing methods; such as, stamping, extrusion, casting, and injection molding. This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including specification, design, prototyping, validation and testing
- Working with the Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality organizations as well as vendors to ensure a smooth product launch
- Writing functional specifications, design verification plans, and functional test procedures
- Exhibit role model behaviors of thorough engineering analysis and cradle to grave ownership
- Design and adaptation of holistic hardware solutions for ambiguous problems with fluid requirements.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Westborough, MA, USA
- 4+ years of working in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with prototyping and implementation
- Knowledge of SolidWorks simulation or Ansys Finite Element analysis tools
- Experience in the design of complex mechanical products and equipment at volume
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.