Manufacturing Test Engineer (Level 5, HDE II), Manufacturing Test and Controls
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Operations organization oversees the manufacturing of high-quality robotics and gets the right materials to the right place at the right time to enable our automated solutions. It’s a fast-paced operation that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally, and is driven by data and performance indicators. We are seeking a talented and motivated Manufacturing Test Development Engineer with a proven track record of implementing best in class test techniques and processes within a complex manufacturing environment.
This role will report to the manager of the Manufacturing Test and Controls - (Test Development & infrastructure) team for Manufacturing test services products and is part of the technical operations team. You will be responsible for developing and implementing test strategies and solutions for new products, with a focus on automation and improving product quality. You will actively work with engineering, production, junior test engineers, and external vendors to deliver the highest quality products with the lowest cost.
Key job responsibilities
* Support and foster a culture of inclusion.
* Develop electrical test equipment and respective test code that is used for acceptance testing of electromechanical systems and subsystems.
* Specify and guide external in-circuit-test (ICT) development with external vendors.
* Write test procedures, test specifications, and acceptance criteria for new products.
* Review PCBA schematics and layouts and propose design changes that will enhance product manufacturability and testability.
* Design interface PCBAs for use in test fixtures.
* Willingness to “roll up sleeves and do what needs to get done” in a small, specialized, team environment.
* Spend up to 30% of your time traveling.
A day in the life
Your goal is to push defect detection as far upstream as possible to minimize early life defects during deployment.You will use a variety of methods to achieve this, including automated board behavior testing, debug and configuration tools, and vendor analysis.
About the team
MTAC (Manufacturing Test & controls) is a team responsible for developing and implementing manufacturing-level testing for electrical boards and sub-assemblies. We work closely with hardware engineering to ensure that our tests are comprehensive and effective.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Westborough, MA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years related work experience in environments that are fast paced and require multitasking
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing manufacturing test strategies for electrical subassemblies
- Proficiency writing code to control test equipment and devices under test (DUTs) using standard software tools
- Experience designing PCBAs of medium-to-high complexity
- Experience delivering test solutions to manufacturing facilities
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience with ICT development, through either direct test development or specification of requirements for external vendors
- Experience developing & maintaining Automated Test Systems using LabVIEW/TestStand, Python, MATLAB/Simulink or equivalent tools.
- Experience with circuit-level debug to the component level
- Python, NI TestStand, and LabVIEW experience
- Experience testing cameras over a GMSL interface
- RF testing experience (Wi-Fi, LTE, GPS radio)
- Demonstrated abilities in business communications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.