Software Development Engineer, HW Engineering
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics develops state-of-the art robotics for Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers. Amazon Fulfillment handles more individual items than any company in the world. We are combining computer vision, mobile robots, advanced end-of-arm tooling and high-degree of freedom movement to solve real-world problems at huge scale. Our team collaborates with a variety of customers across Amazon worldwide to conceive, develop, prototype and deploy a wide range of robotic systems.
As a Software Engineer you will be directly involved in developing concept to production ready solutions to solve some of Amazon’s most challenging material handling problems. For this position we are seeking a hard working individual with experience developing, debugging and optimizing backend and frontend software for automated sensing systems on the world’s most advanced robots. We desire experience ranging from concept through build, test, debug, redesign, production and delivery.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with robotic motion control systems and algorithms.
- Experience with robotic operating environments like ROS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.