Sr. Safety Support Engineer, Robotics Safety Engineering
Sr. Safety Support Engineer
Amazon Robotics designs, manufactures and implements cutting edge technologies within operations centers at the heart of Amazon’s core business. We are seeking exceptional and self-motivated individuals to help the Amazon Robotics system - ensuring optimal safety performance of critical global operations.
In this role, you will need to evaluate risk in the field, establish and drive scaleable processes and procedures for implementation into the global field, complete retrofits and change request from the existing installed base, improve SLA's and act as a primary point of contact for incident command. You will dive deep to diagnose medium to high-impact issues to reduce safety risk among Amazon’s operations and personnel, utilizing advanced trouble-shooting tools and procedures. Successful candidates will possess a blend of superior safety knowledge, trouble-shooting capabilities, customer-facing skills, complex problem solving, systems knowledge, strong program skills to monitor global programs, ability to improve process at scale, along with a passion for cutting edge technology. A CSP and/or PMP is preferred but not required.
Location may be Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA.
* Monitor Amazon Robotics safety systems
* Develop stakeholder relationships
* Contain safety systems risk
* Study trends and report on findings along with non-conformance
* Oversee operational and maintenance training safety procedures
* Safety related retrofits to Amazon Robotics products
* Travel to field to assess and collect voice of customer to influence design
* Lead Incident Command and associated procedures and training
* Leverage processes, systems and tools to resolve safety related technical problems
* Track issues through resolution phase, engaging technical subject matter experts as needed
* Manage, prioritize, and provide answers to cases within defined SLA’s
* Provide technical guidance to Fulfillment Center Operations, Safety, and Maintenance teams to troubleshoot operational challenges
* Drive prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to our internal Amazon Customer
* Create and maintain problem resolution procedures and identify need for new tools to help existing solutions
* Work with Engineering (SW/HW), Global Support (HSE/ARTS) and Amazon WHS teams to comprehend safety issues and solution options.
* Use good judgement skills for making decisions and escalate as required.
* Compile and deep dive data to drive analysis
* Support Amazon Robotics building Launch
About the team
Robotics Safety Engineering (RSE) supports the safe operation and maintenance of the Amazon Robotic (AR) system across the global network. RSE provides full life-cycle safety expertise to early detect, recognize and reduce hazards for those working in and around robotic systems. The team monitors reported safety incidents to identify product or use issues, assesses the risk and then ensures that these issues are resolved. RSE drives cross-functional teams and Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) partners to continuously improve the safety performance of the AR system, processes, and people. RSE uses data visibility and metrics to inform data-driven decisions for safety.
The mission of Field Safety Engineering is to support and sustain the safe operation and maintenance of the global installed base of robotic systems. We recognize uptime is critical and partner with our customers to fulfill the customer promise while upholding a high bar in safety. We support Robotics safety; training, compliance, field related retrofits, incident command for large scale events, change requests, correction of errors, building launch requests and other related robotic safety questions and trouble tickets.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related science based field
- 3+ years’ experience applying safety principles and addressing safety issues in a manufacturing, warehouse or other operations focused environment
- Knowledge and/or working experience with OSHA regulations, EU safety standards, and standard industry safe work practices
- Ability to be on-call on a limited basis, including weekends and/or evenings
- Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with escalations requiring rapid response
- Knowledge of product safety concepts and techniques
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Proven ability to manage time allocated to specific tasks and escalations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $114,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $222,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.