Systems Development Engineer
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. Amazon Robotics is working on the cutting edge of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Current advancements are underway in robotic movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive data, and much more.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Development Engineer who will be a key contributor to designing, developing and supporting our complex infrastructure environment across a diverse set of technologies and applications. In this role you will assist on larger projects or run smaller opportunities solo. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The Senior Development Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes. This role will provide exposure to cutting edge technology including an ecosystem of robotics, industrial IoT, sensors, drones, and mobile devices. The right candidate will be able to identify and resolve issues, automate processes, maintain service infrastructure, and work closely with cross departmental teams to achieve business goals while ensuring platform security and reliability. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Windows, Linux and cloud platforms such as AWS, preferably in large scale, distributed environments.
Key job responsibilities
Support and foster a culture of inclusion
• Experience taking a significant role in building complex software or computing infrastructure that has been successfully delivered to customers
• Support application end users as a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation and customer experience
• Read and understand complex application code to enhance or implement fixes to existing applications based on business needs
• Recognize opportunities for optimizations, efficiencies or scaling
• Perform vulnerability remediation and application patching
• Manage technical projects with high attention to detail
• Improves service resilience and performance of applications and services
• Identify and implement process improvements that de Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 4+ years of administrative experience in networking, storage systems, operating systems and hands-on systems engineering experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals (networking, storage, operating systems)
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- Experience with PowerShell (preferred), Python, Ruby, or Java
- Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.