Principal Product Manager Tech - Store Portfolio Management, Global Robotics Delivery
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world dilemas that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and guidance you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
We are seeking a Principal Product Manager – Tech (PMT) in the Quality, Technology and Strategy (QTS) organization within Global Robotics Delivery. This role will own the customer relationships for the collection of services offered by Global Robotics Delivery to the Robotic Storage solutions development vertical. These services include building the Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Deployment and Commissioning, and continuous oversite of all robots in the Global Amazon Fulfillment Network. The QTS Strategy team is comprised of a Portfolio and Technical Program Management Team who are the primary interface between all Robotic and Technology Product Engineering Teams and the GRD organization. They also own the GRD technical program management infrastructure that creates the multi year strategy for GRD including the 3-Year Plan, Operating Planning docs, and regular business reviews. In this role, you will work cross functionally to build and deliver a multi-year roadmap of services to the Robotic Storage solutions portfolio.
As Principal PMT guiding the GRD service portfolio for Robotic Storage, you will work closely with managers in Robotics Engineering, Design Engineering, and Operations management to know and deliver the optimal outcomes for Amazon. The ideal candidate will have a passion for robotics development, be highly skilled at working backwards from multiple customers, demonstrate the ability to advise and influence organization management to align to a multi-year portfolio strategy, and be highly technical to dive deep into the Storage product maturity roadmaps and design for scale requirements along with the technologies required to source, manufacture, deploy, and guide these products for the next three to five years.
Key job responsibilities
- Create the vision and multi-year roadmap of services needed to guide the highest priority goals of the Robotic Storage vertical, which delivers the best possible outcomes for Amazon's Fulfillment Network.
- Identify opportunities, create business cases, and articulate your vision to build organizational alignment.
- Develop goals/delivery commitments guiding high priority product development efforts within the roadmap and build robust mechanisms to drive these goals/commitments from concept to general availability across the GRD organization.
- Guide cross-functional alignment across manufacturing, supply chain, deployment, launch, guide and operations finance teams to deliver high impact value to the Robotic Storage product development organization.
- Partner with teams across and outside of Amazon Robotics to drive alignment in roadmaps and vision.
- Guide roadmap execution and ensure that delivery is to the committed quality and schedule, ensuring overall integrity of execution meets the roadmap vision and goals.
- Manage other program and/or product managers guideing the Storage vertical within the Strategy and Program Management group.
- Guide other product managers by establishing best practices around customer understanding, requirements engineering, and business case assessments.
- Participate and contribute to long term planning (3 year planning, operating plan for next year) for your area of ownership.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience working with and influencing senior level stakeholders
- 10+ yrs of Technical Product Management experience, ideally in a B2B industry.
- Experience working directly with Engineers on product enhancements
- Experience leading cross-organizational programs and setting and holding teams and individuals to timelines and deliverables without explicit authority
- MBA and a strong passion for developing strategies that maximize business results while delivering strong value to customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $279,900/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.