Sr Mobile Development Engineer
The Enterprise Software Services team is looking for a Sr Mobile Development Engineer who is excited about the opportunity to be part of a team that is building the next generation enterprise solutions.
The Enterprise Software Services team is part of the Amazon Robotics, Technology Deployment organization.
Our mission is to help Amazon customers solve complex business dilemas through enterprise software-as-a-service solutions. We do this by leveraging a diverse cross-functional team that works backwards from our customers needs to innovate developing agnostic enterprise software solutions, maximizing value for Amazon businesses and enabling timely scalability.
The ideal candidate is passionate about mobile software development and has a track record of utilizing design and implementation of new mobile applications and features. They should care about the user experience and provide guidance on initiatives. The ability to mentor and guide a team to build well-architected mobile applications within a positive team environment are key to the role.
Key job responsibilities
* Guide the team’s software development, often working with peers on related teams.
* Delivers working software systems consisting of multiple features spanning the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance strategy.
* Solve problems they solve do not start with a defined technology strategy, and often have conflicting constraints. They do not design every feature themselves, they review others’ work to ensure it fits into the bigger picture and is well designed, extensible, performant, and secure.
* Code contributions demonstrate best practices.
* Work on projects where the business direction is understood, but the technology strategy is not.
* Balance constraints, limiting short-term workarounds and focusing on future extension.
* Solve problems through the use of non-technical solutions such as process improvement, culture changes, or staffing and training.
* Ensure their team has good operational practices with the correct alarms, telemetry, runbooks, and retrospective/COE processes.
* Guide constructive dialog with team members and related teams. Ensure their team grows by training, recruiting, assessing, and providing career guidance to members of their team.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of non-internship professional iOS mobile software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with Swift & Java programming language experience
- Experience with CocoaPods & Swift Package Manager, SwiftUI, UIKit
- Experience with AWS Cognito and Swift Amplify SDK
- 5+ years experience Objective-C, C++/C# including object-oriented design
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver complex in-app user experiences
- 5+ years of non-internship professional Android mobile software development experience
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle and best practices
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.