Senior Product Manager - Tech, Automation Integration Technologies
Amazon is building next generation software, hardware, and processes that will run our global network of fulfillment centers that move millions of units of inventory, and ensure customers get what they want when promised.
The Automation Integration Technologies (AIT) organization’s Customers and Strategy (CS) team is seeking a senior product manager – technical (Sr. PM-T) to drive customer relationship and product strategy for several key products and services. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and shape the direction of one of the world’s largest fulfillment networks.
The focus of this Sr. PM-T role is software and services which include: LLM AI Assistant, Machine Learning to Predict and Optimize, Statistics as a Service, Empirical Experimentalism, Robotics Integration, and Robotics Optimization Simulation.
Key job responsibilities
Customer facing role of the product
- Works with the customer to know their problems and aggregates them into comprehensive use-cases.
- Evangelist of the product, seeking new opportunities to increase depth and breadth of the installation base.
- Establishes the tangible and intangible value proposition of solving the problems in the use-case.
- Identifies capabilities to solve customer problems and works them into the strategy.
- Communicate roadmap updates to stakeholders and customers.
- Accountable to the customer for delivery of promised product value.
Voice of the customer
- Document knowledge of the customers, customer tasks, and their problems for the team’s use.
- Advocate for the customer’s needs with the team creating the product.
- Seek or facilitates customer feedback on designs, early versions of product features, or demos.
- Creates a benefit + entitlement VS effort as of the proposed product capabilities.
- Gathers inputs from stakeholders, customers, and product team to prioritize.
- Defines tangible and intangible (soft) benefit to be created by execution of the product roadmap
- Defines a roadmap with a goal of delivering the maximum benefit to the customer and long-term company value.
- Produce clear, concise documents (e.g., functional, technical specifications, PR/FAQs).
- Impacts customer experience (CX), feature usability, success metrics (e.g., customer delight, efficiency, ROI), and team-level business goals.
A day in the life
In AIT, our PM-Ts are expected to listen attentively and speak candidly. Those conversations start with our customers and work backwards to collaborate with our development teams in the AIT organization. Our PM-Ts seeks diverse perspectives and use that insight to respectfully challenge decisions. We push ourselves and our development teams to accomplish more with less. We think big and do not sacrifice long-term value for short-term results.
Your success as a AIT PM-T III will be measured on ROI (known internally as entitlement), customer satisfaction, and attainment of the product’s committed benefits.
About the team
Automation Integration Technology (AIT), is an Amazon Robotics organization with a focused scope encompassing four core pillars designed to achieve not just system, but human data inputs: Controls Design and Simplification for Industrial Automated Equipment, Customer/System Observations, Data Analysis, and Optimization. AIT enables systems integration utilizing cutting edge technologies and predictive alerting across these pillars, transforming Amazon’s robotic workcell and material movement systems integration into a high-fidelity optimized end-to-end solution with reduced instances of unknown or unmitigated issues. AIT leverages technologies such as vendor-agnostic conveyance control, ancillary MHE, software in the cloud, and Industry 4.0 principles to drive integration consistency across the entire portfolio of interconnected IAE systems, both internally and externally developed.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- 5+ years of technical product or program management experience
- Experience bridging technical and business teams to collect and refine requirements, prioritize incoming work requests, and ensure all committed work is delivered on time
- Experience in building and driving adoption of new tools
- Experience in representing and advocating for a variety of critical customers and stakeholders during executive-level prioritization and planning
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- 3+ years building products that leverage machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Master's degree
- Experience in an operational environment developing, fast-prototyping, piloting and launching analytic products
- Experience with concepts such as system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making
- Bachelor's degree in math/statistics/engineering or other equivalent quantitative discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $121,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $235,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.