Network Development Engineer
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving though teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day and will give you the tools and assistance you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous improvement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
We are actively seeking a Network Development Engineer to provide technical thought leadership in the development of our next-generation network supporting both production and lab environments. As we look to the future, our networks will assist an ecosystem of robotics, industrial IoT, sensors, drones, and mobile devices. The right candidates are comfortable iterating on designs that may fail at the outset to ultimately deliver robust systems that elegantly scale. Information security and network reliability are at the core of your thought processes, and you are respected as an influencer. In this role you will also provide guidance to and mentor junior employees to develop their skills and reinforce best practices. Network reliability is critical to Amazon Robotics, and your responsibilities will include driving root cause resolution of network events impacting the business and operations
Key job responsibilities
Actively foster a culture of inclusion
Design, configuration, and implementation of network and wireless infrastructure
Troubleshoot and problem solve for network issues
Manage network security framework
Build tools to audit and monitor device behavior
Design and build network automation and auto remediation
Monitor and forecast bandwidth usage and escalate against capacity constraints
Create and maintain documentation, configuration, drawings and standard operating procedures
Mentor others in technical understanding of network operations
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 3+ years’ experience in a network focused hands-on technical role working with routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large scale data centre and/or WAN network environments.
- In depth knowledge & experience of Linux or other Unix operating systems.
- Proficiency in scripting/programming with one or more of Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, Java, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical on-call capacity, reply to customer impacting events, mitigating and root cause analysis of those events.
- 3+ years’ experience developing engineering, deployment, or operations mechanisms to assist with IP network and/or networking systems.
- Experience with AWS and AWS networking products such as Direct Connect and Transit Gateway
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, IP routing, Server Load Balancing, and Network Security architecture and core technologies such as IP, TCP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Server Load Balancers, Firewalls, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, LDAP, NFS, etc.
- Strong desire to build, ability to multitask, sense of ownership and urgency.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and DevOps environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.