Software Development Engineer II, Amazon Robotics (AR)
Amazon Robotics develops state-of-the art robotics for Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers, which handle more individual items than any company in the world. We are combining computer vision, mobile robots, advanced end-of-arm tooling and high-degree of freedom movement to solve real-world problems at huge scale. Our team supports and collaborates with a variety of customers across Amazon worldwide to conceive, develop, prototype and deploy a wide range of robotic systems.
As an Amazon Robotics Software Development Engineer, you will be directly involved in developing concept-to-production ready solutions to solve some of Amazon’s most challenging material handling problems. For this position, we are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who can deliver solutions to simulate multi-degrees of freedom robots. We desire experience developing, debugging, and optimizing simulation tools, specifically those based on physics.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include: 1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage 2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options 3. Paid Time Off (PTO) 4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Cambridge, MA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ development including modern C++ idioms and structures (C++17+).
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience.
- Experience using Python, Java, and/or AWS services.
- Experience developing physics-based simulation tools and/or experience working on robot manipulation systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience and willingness to support and mentor more junior engineers and help them develop their skills and leadership abilities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.