Customer Success Manager, Amazon Robotics, Fulfillment
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics (AR). We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world issues that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Customer Success (CSM) team is the primary link between AR and Operations coaching site management on operational best practices, robotics systems and tools. You will work directly with operations managers at Amazon Fulfillment and Transportation Centers to meet or exceed the as designed performance of their robotic technology and processes. You will identify operational pain-points, translate those into opportunities enabling product and/or process changes to improve system performance and customer sentiment. The successful candidate will work backwards from customer goals and influence a broad range of operations, engineering, product, deployment, and solution stakeholders from Global Robotics and Central Operations to ensure North America operations, engineering, and other organizations become comfortable with Amazon Robotics’ technologies.
You will use your technical acumen, program management, organizational change management, and communication skills to align a broad range of initiatives for the customer. You will own and drive execution excellence for your portion of the end-to-end model (e.g., technical, operational, organizational, and educational) that span several teams, levels, and cross-functional business units.
At AR we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and thrive in ambiguous, entrepreneurial environments. You will pay attention to detail but think big on behalf of our customers. As a CSM, you have a business outcome mindset, broad technical background, and a passion for problem-solving. You are a team player, use data to make choices, express yourself thoughtfully verbally and in writing, and are passionate about delivering Earth’s most customer-centric experiences.
Key job responsibilities
* Develop and implement mechanisms and processes to enable your team to scale with a growing AR network, build subject matter expertise, and innovate to address the needs of operations and AR customers.
* Auditing adoption and improving effectiveness of safe and effective AR operational best practices within your portfolio or subject matter area of expertise.
* Identifying and addressing trending operational performance issues and improvement opportunities, and implementing solutions in fulfillment network
* Facilitating network-wide rollouts of new robotic technologies and tools, and supporting operations’ launch of new robotic systems and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Identifying requirements and capturing “voice of the customer” product/service feedback to influence product design and development priorities.
* Coaching site leaders on AR best practices and robotics systems and tools.
* ~25-30% travel expected
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status (seasonal or temporary). The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Boston, MA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or relevant experience
* 6+ years of experience in customer-facing roles, with experience resolving technical issues with operations, engineering (software/hardware), and leadership teams
* Experience managing multiple high-priority tasks simultaneously
* Knowledge and/or working experience with analytical tools (sql, Excel, tableau)
* Masters degree in Engineering and/or MBA
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies
* Experience with robotics hardware, software, and/or system troubleshooting
* Experience in BI and analytical tools including Tableau, SQL, and R/Python
the pay range for this position is $138,300 $187,100; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $105,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $204,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.