Systems Development Engineer , Amazon Robotics Business Applications Solutions Engineering
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a multi-disciplinary team of innovators that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Key job responsibilities
* We are seeking a talented and motivated techno functional ERP Systems Development Engineer with a proven track record of implementing best in class system and business processes within a complex Supply Chain environment.
* This role is fast-paced and requires the individual to work cross-functionally with global teams.
* This position will primarily focus on supporting ERP applications in the Supply Chain and Manufacturing areas.
* Strong programming skills using SQL, PLSQL, JSP, OA Framework and Unix shell scripting is required.
* Raise the bar with quality code by designing scalable and resilient technical solutions.
* This role will work closely with Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering and other IT organizations.
* You will also lead technical and functional workshops educating customers on the product and develop process flows and standard operating procedures.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Boston, MA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience. Coding experience with SQL/PLSQL,JSP,Unix shell programming and Reports development
- Proficiency in Oracle ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) with a focus on Supply chain and manufacturing modules
- Proven business process analysis and redesign experience
- Process mapping, business process redesign and implementation skills
- Ability to analyze, design, configure and develop solution.
- Detailed knowledge of Application Implementation Methodology (AIM) and documentation skills.
- Excellent business communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team oriented, positive attitude.
- Hands on ERP techno functional Implementation experience with the following module areas required: Order Management, Shipping, purchasing , Inventory, Costing, Work in Process, Bills of Material, and Advanced Supply Chain Planning
- Experience working in a high pace DevOps
- Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes and industry best practices within an ERP environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $103,400/year in our lowest geographic market up to $201,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. This position will remain posted until filled. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.