Software Development Engineer, ARCADE
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
Key job responsibilities
• Designing and developing cloud services in AWS for scalability, performance, and reliability.
• Mentoring, coaching, assisting, and collaborating with other engineers.
• Leading design reviews and stakeholder meetings.
• On-call rotation for team products.
• Full software development life cycle, including coding, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations support.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits for you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
About the team
Amazon Robotics Compliance, Automation, and Development Engineering (ARCADE) contributes to the success of Amazon Robotics through the development of tools and the automation of processes for technical support teams. Our collaborative approach involves working closely with customers to create tools that cater directly to their needs, ensuring a user-friendly experience. Our project prioritization is guided by an analysis of data, focusing on initiatives that promise the most significant positive impact.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years experience with Python
- 3+ years experience building systems in AWS
- 3+ years experience working with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, etc
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.