Solutions Design Engineer
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through collaborative teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Solutions Design Team is searching for an innovative and solutions oriented engineer to help design our next generation Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs). A successful candidate will have a passion for creating high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, the ability to effectively communicate with and influence decision-makers at all levels and an internal motivation to deliver results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment. Amazon Robotics culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
Key job responsibilities
The Solutions Design Team is not only responsible for analyzing and optimizing existing Robotic FC performance, but combining those learnings with the latest technologies to design new state of the art robotic material handling systems. The day to day responsibilities include:
• Evaluate and create physical processing and material handling solutions using cutting edge technology, robotics and data analytics to meet the product flow requirements based on Amazon design principles.
• Identify and analyze key operational and financial metrics as part of program and feature selection in order to drive smart decisions.
• Coordinate and collaborate with systems and operations engineering teams to develop product features and optimize the performance of the FCs.
• Manage and support multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and connect and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Develop models as required to solve complex problems.
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include: 1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage 2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options 3. Paid Time Off (PTO) 4. 401(k) Plan
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA | Westborough, MA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience as an industrial engineer, process engineer, systems engineer, manufacturing engineer, project manager or related occupation.
- Experience using MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD and commercial off the shelf technologies such as Tableau, SQL, etc.
- Master’s degree in engineering, operations, or a related field together with at least 1 year of progressively responsible experience.
- Experience working with the designs of complex automated material handling equipment and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing.
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills to solve complex engineering problems
- Experience with process design based on Lean Principles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.