This role is an operational financial accounting and related controls/process role with exposure to several stakeholders involved. The AIA department you will be working for is a Backoffice team which takes care of the execution and administration of front to end transactions for our so called illiquid investments. Illiquid investments we take care of, are Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Equity, Commodities and Credits. The Alternative Investment Administration (AIA) is part of Asset Management Operations. The objectives of the Alternative Investment Administration team are to deliver accurate, timely and high quality products and services: deal implementation (deal set up in (financial) systems), commitment administration, processng of transactions, investment monitoring, daily, monthly and quarterly valuations review and data processing, costs reporting and back testing. As an AIA Associate you are a team player while working with considerable autonomy.
In this role you are responsible for the following:
- daily actual execution and processing of financial transactions in our key financial/data systems (cashflows in/out, investment valuations);
- quality checks on data provided by 3rd parties;
- preparation of a wide variety of financial reports/data reports for your allocated investments. Some reports are sent to your stakeholders to enable them in their decision making process. Other reports are required by financial regulations and will be available to the broader public. All reports as a result have to be of high quality;
- Liaising with your internal stakeholders (external investment managers, Front Office portfolio managers, second line quality review departments, Accounting and Control, Cash management) to timely gather all necessary information to enable you to timely set up investments in our systems and start execution and recording of the transactions and reporting;
- Perform analysis/reconciliations on investment values received from external investment managers;
- Assist the Officers on team with analysis/data gathering type of work for Continuous Improvement Projects which are being led by them. Gradual involvement in process improvements initiatives.