Senior Solutions Architect - Energy Industry, AWS for Energy
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner some of the world’s largest companies, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. In collaboration with account managers, you will assist in driving growth in a global energy customer. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of AWS within enterprise customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Key job responsibilities
- Act as a strategic technical leader in the field to provide architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote & accelerate customer adoption of AWS.
- Ensure customer & partner success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Lead architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Be an AWS evangelist; educate customers & partners of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers & partners to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community.
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as white papers, blogs, and proof of concepts.
- In partnership with the sales & partner team, formulate, and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS & its partner solutions.
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience in design, implementation, or consulting in applications and infrastructures
- Experience within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics).
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Experience with presentations and speaking with executives, IT, management, and developers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- Experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
- Has experience working with energy companies (e.g., oil & gas, power, utilities, etc.)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.