ML Scientist / Applied Scientist, EU Prime & Marketing Science
Are you interested in creating a large business impact on millions of customers through the use of machine learning?
We are seeking an Applied Scientist to join our PriMA (Prime & Marketing) science team to work on developing state-of-the-art solutions to model customer behavior, improve the engagement of our existing customers, and help us grow our customer base.
In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to solve problems, and you will regularly interact with software engineering teams and business leadership.
Some of the scientific and technical challenges you will tackle in this role are:
- Modeling customer dynamics and how customer behavior changes over time.
- Building recommender systems that can nudge customers and engage them with our products and offers.
- Measuring marketing campaigns across external marketing channels (Youtube, TikTok, Google,....)
- Modeling the causal impact that some actions have over customers.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop accurate and scalable machine learning models to address business use cases ranging from: modeling customer behavior, causal inferencing to model the value of customer incentivizes, recommender systems to increase customer engagement, or modeling and measurement marketing channels.
- Lead and partner with engineering teams to drive modeling and technical design for complex business problems, often guiding engineers to apply the best scientific practices in software development.
- Lead complex modeling analyses to help management and business stakeholders making key business decisions.
About the team
The PriMA (Prime & Marketing) science team is the science team that support the science needs of the EU Prime and Marketing organization, an org that supports the Prime and Marketing programs in European marketplaces and comprises 250-300 employees.
The science team (our team), is part of a larger tech tech team of 50 people (comprising other job families like SDEs or BIEs) that gives support to all the tech needs of the Prime & marketing org.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- PhD, or Master's degree and 4+ years of CS, CE, ML or related field experience
- Experience in patents or publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Experience implementing algorithms using both toolkits and self-developed code
- PhD in engineering, technology, computer science, machine learning, robotics, operations research, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative field
- Experience with popular deep learning frameworks such as MxNet and Tensor Flow
- Experience in building machine learning models for business application
- Experience in causal inferencing and A/B testing.
- Experience with big data libraries and tools, e.g. spark.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.