BBD is an international custom software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. With extensive experience across various sectors and a wide array of technologies, BBD’s core services encompass digital enablement, software engineering and solutions support, which includes cloud engineering, data science, product design and managed services.
Over the past 40 years, we have built a reputation for hiring the best talent and collaborating with client teams to deliver exceptional value through software. As the company has grown, this unwavering commitment to quality and continuous innovation has ensured clients get the full benefit from software that meets their unique environment.
BBD’s culture is one that encourages collaboration, innovation and inclusion. Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends into a flat management structure. At BBD, you are not just a number, but a valuable member of the team, working with like-minded, passionate individuals on challenging projects in interesting spaces. We deeply believe in the importance of each individual taking control of their career growth, with the support, encouragement and guidance of the company. We do this for every BBDer, creating the space and opportunity to continue learning, growing and expanding their skillsets. We also proudly support and ensure diverse project teams as varied perspectives will always make for stronger solutions.
With hubs in 7 cities, we have mastered distributed development and support a flexible, hybrid working environment. Our hubs are also a great place to get to know people, share knowledge, and enjoy snacks, great coffee and catered lunches as well as social, sport and cultural gatherings.
Lastly, recognition is deeply ingrained in the BBD culture and we use every appropriate opportunity to show this through our Awards Nominations, shoutouts and of the course the exceptional bonuses that come from exceptional performance.
BBD is looking for C# architects to assist with:
- Functional requirements
- Deployment environment
- Performance requirements
- Expected longevity of solution
- Client budget (provide choices and highlight trade-offs if needed)
- Skillset required to build vs skillset available
- Skillset required to maintain, and support vs skillset available
- Ease of future maintenance and support
- Investigation and resolution of technical challenges, guiding project team members as appropriate and doing it yourself when appropriate
You will ensure quality through:
- Code reviews in a form appropriate to project and individual team members
- Establishing and maintaining an enabling set of technical standards
- Ongoing refinement, revision or establishment of our development delivery processes
- Providing expert opinion on validity of project team or individual effort and time estimates
- Mentoring, or facilitating the appropriate mentoring, of juniors and team members
- Participating in performance management and recruitment processes for technical resources
- Pre-sales design and project proposals
- Participation in marketing activities with relevant writing, presenting and research
- BSc Computer Science or similar tertiary qualification
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience in:
- WPF and WCF proven abilities
- Microsoft Certification
- Links to StackOverflow, GitHub and / or Bitbucket public accounts would be advantageous
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.