We’re looking for platform engineers with proven experience in Kubernetes and containerised workloads, CI/CD tools and in building and supporting apps running on AWS
BBD is an international custom software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. With extensive experience across various sectors and a wide array of technologies, BBD’s core services encompass digital enablement, software engineering and solutions support, which includes cloud engineering, data science, product design and managed services.
Over the past 40 years, we have built a reputation for hiring the best talent and collaborating with client teams to deliver exceptional value through software. As the company has grown, this unwavering commitment to quality and continuous innovation has ensured clients get the full benefit from software that meets their unique environment.
BBD’s culture is one that encourages collaboration, innovation and inclusion. Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends into a flat management structure. At BBD, you are not just a number, but a valuable member of the team, working with like-minded, passionate individuals on challenging projects in interesting spaces. We deeply believe in the importance of each individual taking control of their career growth, with the support, encouragement and guidance of the company. We do this for every BBDer, creating the space and opportunity to continue learning, growing and expanding their skillsets. We also proudly support and ensure diverse project teams as varied perspectives will always make for stronger solutions.
With hubs in 7 cities, we have mastered distributed development and support a flexible, hybrid working environment. Our hubs are also a great place to get to know people, share knowledge, and enjoy snacks, great coffee and catered lunches as well as social, sport and cultural gatherings.
Lastly, recognition is deeply ingrained in the BBD culture and we use every appropriate opportunity to show this through our Awards Nominations, shoutouts and of the course the exceptional bonuses that come from exceptional performance.
BBD is looking for a Platform / Cloud Engineer with solid experience working with Kubernetes and containerised workloads, CI/CD tools and in building and supporting apps running on AWS.
Candidates must have a good understanding of the following services and/ or concepts:
- AWS (EKS, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, Fargate, Lambda, CloudFront) and Well Architected Frameworks
- Observability and Monitoring (Xray, CloudWatch, Open Tracing, Grafana)
- Kubernetes (EKS) experience
- DevOps Practices and CI/CD Tools (AWS DevOps Tools, Jenkins)
- Cloud Native Toolsets (Helm, Kustomize)
- Linux experience
- Distributed systems and architectures
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipelines as code or similar (Github Actions, Azure DevOps)
- Kubernetes Administration (Ingress, networking, RBAC)
- Enhancing monitoring and observability (SLO, SLI, SLA) and alerting
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) user (Terraform, CloudFormation, Crossplane)
- Release management and oversite
- SRE practises such as incident response, automation, reliability and monitoring
- AWS Associate level certification or substantial years of experience
- Preferred Kubernetes Application Developer certification or substantial years of experience
- Be familiar with Kubernetes Administrative tasks
- Experience with IaC tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or CDKS
- Experience with Kubernetes GitOps practises and using tools such as ArgoCD / Flux or Helm / Kustomize
- Experience monitoring with Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch
- Building of platform APIs, automation, tooling and/ or internal developer platforms
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.