Junior Finance Associate
About the job:
We get curious people invested in the world.
We believe access to global capital markets is not only for the privileged few. Our vision is to enable people to fulfill their financial aspirations to make an impact. That’s why we use the power of technology to deliver clients what they need, when they need it in a user-friendly and personalized experience.
We want to welcome a person looking for a new Opportunity.
These will be your most important tasks, and we will help you perform them at your best:
- Accuracy first, so accounting registrations with ‘zero mistakes attitude’
- Reconciliation of balance sheet, income statement accounts and bank reconciliations on a weekly basis
- We’re part of a Banking Group based in Copenhagen, we want your support to perform monthly closing of books and Group reporting in accordance with IFRS
- You’ll support Company profitability with monthly analysis on cost and income development
- In case of external audit queries or reporting requirements, your assistance will be crucial
- We look after our people the best we can, we will ask you for help in managing the premises and in the administration of the office
We hope you are now aware of what is up for you. Now, about what background should you have in order to feel comfortable with this role:
- University degree in Business Administration/Economics
- Previous relevant professional experience (1-2 years) in the accounting or similar role on the FSI
- Knowledge in accounting principles IAS/IFRS
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a cross-geographic, cross-organizational and cross-cultural context
- Languages: fluency in Italian and English are required, remember we’re a global company with offices around the world
- Familiar with MS Office, an excel ninja will be appreciated
Why a junior? Because even if we believe that experience is a very important value, we want to offer an opportunity to a young person who sees us as the team in which to grow and broaden her/his experiences and perspectives.
We are part of a banking group that has been fintech since before the word was even invented. We believe in the digitization of processes, in the transparency and control that automation can give, but above all we believe in the people who are at the center not only of our business model but also of how we manage our activities. We nurture talent and make them grow, supporting them when needed and letting them express their full potential when the right time comes. And this is our greatest satisfaction.
Group Finance is responsible for the following corporate functions in the value chain within the bank: Finance, Legal, Procurement and Treasury.
At Saxo IT and the business are integrated into the same teams, ensuring end-to-end ownership. We are organized based on what we want to do for our clients rather than on subject matter expertise. Within Finance you will work together with people from different disciplines.
Some of the key responsibilities for the division include:
• Controlling cost and generating higher and more stable revenue, leading to an improved EBIT margin
• Managing capital cost and regulation efficiently to generate an improved return on Equity
• Supporting mergers and Acquisitions for the Group
• Supervising and overseeing the review, negotiation and drafting of major contracts, tender documents and other legal documents, as required by the operational departments
• Organizing and managing liquidity globally
We aspire to be a non-hierarchical, purpose-driven organisation. At Saxo, it is not about entitlement; it is about impact – no matter where you sit in the organisation. A good idea is always taken seriously and you can truly make a difference.
When you work here, you become a Saxonian. Obviously you will get an attractive compensation package. But we also invest in your personal development and offer you large responsibility from day one. We encourage an open feedback culture and a supportive team environment. If you show a collaborative spirit, drive and passion, your learning curve will be steep and your (international) career opportunities with Saxo immense.
At Saxo we don’t just offer a job – we offer an opportunity to invest in your future!
How to apply:
Click the Apply button to create an account and upload your resume (and a short motivation). We look forward to getting to know you better!