Senior Institutional Sales, Switzerland
About the job:
We get curious people invested in the world.
We believe access to global capital markets is not only for the privileged few. Our vision is to enable people to fulfill their financial aspirations to make an impact. That’s why we use the power of technology to deliver clients what they need, when they need it in a user-friendly and personalized experience.
As a technology-driven bank, Saxo is determined to become a preferred solutions provider and trading counterpart within our segment for banks, brokers, independent advisors and asset managers. The opportunity to help drive digital solutions, advisory and discretionary mandates while reducing cost and complexity is very significant in the Swiss market: To deliver on this growth strategy, we are looking to extend our team in Zurich with a Senior Institutional Sales, who will focus on originating opportunities in the Romandie.
About the role
As our new Senior Institutional Sales, your primary focus will be to work strategically with senior decision makers on the client side to position Saxo and map out a joint path to growth.
Quote from hiring manager, Tue, Regional Head of Saxo Institutional:
“This is a great opportunity to join a team introduce cutting-edge technology and hybrid solutions for wealth to institutional clients across Switzerland”
The Institutional Sales and Relationship Manager will be responsible for growing our two institutional lines of business:
- Saxo Institutional Wholesale (B2B2C): for banks, brokers, independent asset managers and wealth managers offering brokerage/custody, client experience, trading technology and trading operations
- Saxo Institutional Direct (B2B): for institutional clients (Hedge Funds, Family offices, Brokers and Banks for prop trading), who trade or hedge the financial markets through advanced solutions
The responsibilities will include:
- Executing on a business plan with focus on the French speaking part of Switzerland and the bank segment
- Scoping target segments for new clients, including identifying key industry events and seminars to attend in relevant ecosystem
- Building and maintaining a solid and high-quality pipeline
- Represent Saxo capabilities with depth of product, platform and solution knowledge
- Work closely with Solution specialists, and Onboarding, Go to Market and Relationship Management teams to carry clients through the funnel
- Contribute to the brand awareness of Saxo Institutional in the Swiss market
How do you succeed
- You create and deliver on a well-calibrated pipeline of short and longer term opportunities
- For both new and existing clients, you are available and open to share knowledge and provide clients with new potential strategies to expand their businesses
- With an in-depth knowledge of the respective client’s needs, you are able to provide your internal stakeholders at Saxo with new developments needs in order to improve Saxo’s value proposition for core institutional segments
As a person you are passionate, results-driven and entrepreneurial. Further, you are a seasoned professional adept at creating trust and building lasting relationships, including with C-level counterparts. You take ownership, and work structured to create and deliver on pipeline and cross sell opportunities with clients.
Further we are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of finance related Sales / Network Management experience
- Master’s degree in Finance/Economics or similar
- In-depth knowledge and passion for financial market products and various asset classes (leveraged and non-leveraged)
- A strong understanding of the Swiss Banking landscape and regulation as they relate to the services being provided
- Experience and network in the Swiss B2B market (mainly banks) and with emphasis on the Romandie
- Knowledge of how to apply IT solutions to business challenges and previous exposure to B2B and B2C client segments is very relevant
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex topics
- Strong Consultative/solution sales skills
- Fluency in French and English
The global sales organisation is responsible for growing total realized earnings and assets under management through acquisition of new direct and wholesale clients, as well as through activation of the already existing client relationships, cross- and up-selling, and development of global partnerships.
We aim to be digital-first and implement world-class digital engagement for all our clients and partners and focus on the human touch for our top clients and partners. This ensures that our teams in local offices spend their time on the most value-adding tasks with our partners and top direct clients.
We aspire to be a non-hierarchical, purpose-driven organisation. At Saxo, it is not about entitlement; it is about impact – no matter where you sit in the organisation. A good idea is always taken seriously and you can truly make a difference.
When you work here, you become a Saxonian. Obviously you will get an attractive compensation package. But we also invest in your personal development and offer you large responsibility from day one. We encourage an open feedback culture and a supportive team environment. If you show a collaborative spirit, drive and passion, your learning curve will be steep and your (international) career opportunities with Saxo immense.
At Saxo we don’t just offer a job – we offer an opportunity to invest in your future!
How to apply:
Click the Apply button to create an account and upload your resume (and a short motivation). We look forward to getting to know you better!