Non-Financial Risk Manager/Senior Risk Manager
About the job:
We get curious people invested in the world.
We believe access to global capital markets is not only for the privileged few. Our vision is to enable people to fulfill their financial aspirations to make an impact. That’s why we use the power of technology to deliver clients what they need, when they need it in a user-friendly and personalized experience.
Would you like the opportunity to be part of a visible and outgoing Group Non-financial risk department, where you can contribute to bring further value to Saxo Group?
We are in the midst of an exciting journey to bring non-financial risk management (NFRM) to the next level, and have an opening for a passionate candidate to join our Business Risk Management team at the Group’s Headquarters in Copenhagen.
Within Group-NFRM, the Business Risk Management team is responsible for the execution of the second line NFRM responsibilities towards the Group’s business lines, and also for the subject matter content of the NFRM framework domains.
You will be working with highly skilled and engaged colleagues, and engage directly with peers in the business units across the Group, both as part of our journey and your daily responsibilities.
Our team acts as a partner to the business and engages with all functional areas to support the practical implementation and embedment of non-financial risk management to enable the Group to identify and manage its non-financial risks effectively and promote sound risk culture and awareness.
As a Non-financial risk manager, your responsibilities will typically include:
- Supporting the implementation and embedding of NFRM framework, policies and minimum standards
- Advising and challenging first line business units in how to respond to non-financial risks identified as a result of risk assessments, risk events, etc.
- Facilitating and/or participating in various risk assessments, including business processes and change projects
- Providing risk advice and review of processes related to changes in governance, material projects, and the development of new products and services
- Monitoring the execution of risk mitigating actions
- Evaluating key controls’ design and operating effectiveness
- Contributing to the Group’s risk culture, providing NFRM training to first line
- Providing timely, relevant and value creating risk information
The position requires experience in one or more of the following areas, where especially experience with and interest in change risk management and internal control environment is an advantage:
- Non-Financial Risk Management
- Business Process Management
- Change Risk Management
- Risk and Control Assessments
- Facilitating/implementing risk and control frameworks and testing of controls
- Risk event management incl. root cause/impact investigation and mitigation strategies
We offer a great opportunity to join a motivated and dedicated team of non-financial risk managers of diverse professional and cultural background and nationality. Part of the team is based in Amsterdam and cross-team collaboration in various activities is encouraged.
You are positive, open-minded, and you have great people skills and can understand and explain complex situations. You are able to build valuable business networks, which require good communication and stakeholder management skills – connecting people with different functional and cultural backgrounds. You take pride in delivering high quality work, sometimes acting as a trouble shooter, and always strive to create win-win solutions. You are flexible and curious to learn new concepts and adapt to new ways of working.
Your academic background could be a University degree or similar within Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Audit and preferably you have previously worked as a risk manager, business risk consultant, internal auditor or similar.
Furthermore, you are expected to:
- Bring at least 5 years of relevant risk management experience obtained within a first, second or third line, preferably in the financial sector
- Have strong affinity with non-financial risk management
- Be independent in mind and capable of driving change and engaging others
- Understand current industry and risk management trends, threats and opportunities
- Be a self-starter and a team-player
- Have international or cross-cultural experience and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
Risk & Compliance is Saxo Bank's independent, second line of defense. The department supports the Group’s Management in ensuring "no surprises" while at the same time supporting prudent business development and growth. We also monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place to comply with rules and regulations, and the actions taken to address any deficiencies in Saxo Bank´s compliance with the regulations.
The department consists of several teams, each of which has their own responsibility in covering the Risk & Compliance area.
We aspire to be a non-hierarchical, purpose-driven organisation. At Saxo, it is not about entitlement; it is about impact – no matter where you sit in the organisation. A good idea is always taken seriously and you can truly make a difference.
When you work here, you become part of the Saxo family. We invest in your personal development and offer you large responsibility from day one. We encourage an open feedback culture and a supportive team environment. If you show a collaborative spirit, drive and passion, your learning curve will be steep and your (international) career opportunities with Saxo immense.
We naturally offer an attractive remuneration and various interesting benefits.
How to apply:
Click the Apply button to create an account and upload your resume (and a short motivation). We look forward to getting to know you better!