Client Service Associate (French & English Speaking)
About the job:
The economy is always in motion. Developments on a macroeconomic level have a major influence on how the stock market behaves. Will the interest rates rise or fall? How will this affect the stock market? And how does consumer confidence relate to the current stock market climate? If you have a genuine interest in financial markets, and helping our investment clients gives you energy, then read on.
As a Junior Investment Specialist (known as Client Service Associate internally), you will be part of the dynamic department, consisting of 65+ Investment Specialists. The team supports our wider Global Sales efforts and is responsible for increasing customer satisfaction (NPS - Net Promoter Score).
You will receive structured training from our professional and experienced leads, developing your investment expertise and knowledge. As your knowledge develops you will be able to answer complex client questions about investment products like turbos, futures and options, giving product related advice and sharing insights about current market events. You will develop solid relationships, exceed client expectations, and grow your knowledge about the investment world.
What can you expect:
- Fully supported professional development and active coaching on strategies, tools and skills needed to improve customer experience;
- Complete professional courses such as DSI Securities Trader and DSI Integrity;
- Fun monthly outings with the team
- Flexibility to join on a 40 hour per week basis or a 32 hour per week basis if successful
- Modern equipped office with a view to the Zuidas next to NS Rai Station (train, bus, tram, metro)
- Onsite bike and car parking and employee changing rooms/showers
- Onsite canteen with lunches, drinks and snacks
- Friday bar with roof terrace, pool table, table tennis, darts and games
- Competitive salary with fully paid pension plan (non-contributory)
- Yearly supplementary allowance of 5.5%
- Additional holiday allowance 8%
- 27 days holiday (not including public holidays)
- Travelling expenses commuter allowance
- Employee discount on Saxo products
What you bring:
- You are fluent in French (CEFR/IELTS level C1 and above): Professional proficiency in French is required so you can help our French speaking clients.
- You are organized, eager to learn and able to stay on top of several tasks at the same time;
- You enjoy helping clients and have a curious and problem-solving mindset
- Some work experience with high volume client interactions is beneficial, but not mandatory;
- Completed secondary education (e.g., MBO/junior college/ lycée high school/A-levels/Secondary level 2 etc)
- Interest in learning about investing and financial markets
We aspire to be a non-hierarchical, purpose-driven organisation. At Saxo, it is not about entitlement; it is about impact – no matter where you sit in the organisation. A good idea is always taken seriously and you can truly make a difference.
When you work here, you become a Saxonian. Obviously you will get an attractive compensation package. But we also invest in your personal development and offer you large responsibility from day one. We encourage an open feedback culture and a supportive team environment. If you show a collaborative spirit, drive and passion, your learning curve will be steep and your (international) career opportunities with Saxo immense.
At Saxo we don’t just offer a job – we offer an opportunity to invest in your future!
How to apply:
Click the Apply button to create an account and upload your resume (and a short motivation). We look forward to getting to know you better!