Head of Accounting
To meet the new needs related to the growth of our activity, we are strengthening our accounting team based in Brussels.
What you will do
General accounting and tax:
- Assume a key role in the preparation of monthly closings and periodic reports
- Responsible for the periodic declaration to the NBB (National Bank of Belgium)
- Key role of organizing the external accountants for our local branches/entities - accounting and tax
- Leading the consolidated accounts closing – review of the consolidated entries and intragroup flows (8 legal entities in scope)
- Become the master of VAT declarations in Europe
- Occasional financial analyses
- Supervision of cash accounting entries
- Supervision of supplier payments and approval of the outgoing payments
- Supervision of the payroll process
- Management of the accounting team (3 people)
- Contribute to the development and updating of internal accounting and administrative procedures
- Support the development of our payment platform by sharing your operational knowledge with our developers
- Help continue the internationalization of iBanFirst and support our local teams in the expansion of the financial organization
What do you bring?
- You know the BEGAAP or FRGAAP standards
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite - in particular Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus
- You speak English (Dutch or French is a plus)
- You are precise, rigorous and organized
What do we offer?
- Various missions and projects in an innovative and rising start-up in a thriving industry (fintech)
- A key role and a unique opportunity to shape the future of iBanFirst
- A great, professional and international team with a flat hierarchy
- A nice work environment
Our recruitment process:
- A phone call with Anthony our head of Talent Acquisition
- An Interview with Nicolas, Head of Controlling and Accounting
- An Interview with Arnaud, our CFO
Who are we?
iBanFirst is an international financial services provider offering alternative payment solutions to traditional banking.
iBanFirst is a fintech that developed a banking platform to enable international SMEs to carry out fast, secure and fairly priced multi-currency transactions.
Thanks to iBanFirst, finance teams can send and receive payments in more than 30 currencies and benefit from personalized support to cover their foreign exchange exposure.
Since 2016, iBanFirst has raised 46 million euros and in May 2021, the Californian fund Marlin Equity Partners invested €200M to further accelerate the growth and development of iBanFirst.
Joining iBanFirst is a unique opportunity to develop your skills and evolve quickly in an international company that is at the cutting edge of innovation.