Data Analytics Consultant Compliance
It’s got to do with data and statistics – but not exactly as you know it! Do you want a lot of variety and do you want to contribute to relevant and interesting subjects, such as Know Your Customer, sanctions, data and privacy, and sustainability? Then come and support the compliance experts in their pursuit: “Empowering ING DB NL to be a highly trusted bank by boosting a culture of doing the right things”.
Compliance is about monitoring and advising the organisation of adhering to (unwritten) rules and the moral compass (preventing ‘legal but harmful’ situations). So at the first glance this looks like a purely qualitative domain, but as the importance of data is growing rapidly in the whole bank, it does also within Compliance. When monitoring adherance to rules, analysis of data can provide valuable information. Advising is more and more about cases which include data, statistical data analysis, and/or models. Furthermore the organisation itself produces a lot of reports and statistical data analyses – and sometimes we want to double check those to be sure that they are correct when they relate to important compliance topics. In all those situations, our data analytics team comes in to support the compliance experts. And of course we also provide management information for Compliance itself.
You will be part of Compliance’s data analytics team which consists of 7 persons (both data scientists and data analysts). Together you have the end-to-end responsibility for achieving all activities included in the sprint planning, which is based on the prioritisation of the tribe. Team members operate as independent consultants in cooperation with the compliance experts. As a team we develop the standards for our way of working to ensure the quality and the transferability.
With support of your statistical data analyses, reporting, and advice you will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the compliance experts. This consists a.o. of:
- Creating risk based samples
- Performing statistical data analysis for monitoring purposes
- Reviewing data deliverables of the organisation (scripts, dashboards, outcomes of statistical data analysis)
- Advising colleagues on anything in which statistical data analyses or models play a role.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
So as an all round data consultant you:
- Have a passion for data
- Are curious and proactive
- Have the capacity to learn new content quickly
- Have good communication skills and know how to make your results understandable for the compliance experts
- Have good documenting skills
- Have a helicopter view, but also have attention to details
- Have the skills to function independently and effectively
Specific knowledge and experience
- An HBO/WO (Bachelor/Master) education in a quantitative direction and/or have proven yourself in this working field
- More than 5 years of working experience
- Experience with performing statistical data analyses using a professional tool like SAS or python
- Experience with SQL
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills
- Affinity with banking and risk management is a plus