(Senior) Productmanager Foreign Exchange Solutions
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager (Customer Journey Expert) to play a central role in the creation of an innovative Foreign Exchange solution, integrated seamlessly into our digital banking platform. Your mission? To craft a winning value proposition that supports our business clients in their daily foreign exchange activities, helping them navigate their business beyond borders.
You will have the opportunity to join the team tasked with developing and launching of a brand-new solution, right at the beginning of the project, with the crucial role in solution design. Do you know how to identify the pains and gains of our business customers regarding international trading, currency conversion and managing their finances? And how to translate that to a digital customer experience that will help us become the best (digital) bank for business? Do read on!
You will be part of the Product Team Digital Business Channels. We are responsible for delivering the best digital business banking channel for entrepreneurs. Based on customer insights, market research and business strategy we determine what is needed to achieve that. Each squad has it’s own purpose that contributes to our ambition. Your squad is responsible for developing the FX proposition as a part of this. The squad consists of you, one other Product Manager (Customer Journey Expert) and four IT engineers. As a Senior Product Manager you will identify and develop the changes needed to deliver and improve our FX proposition. You will bring in know-how of the FX market and competitive landscape in the Netherlands, relevant regulations and most importantly client expectations regarding FX solutions. You are supported by experts such as a UX designer, data analyst or risk officer where needed. And collaborate with collegues from other squads and tribes to deliver the best digital customer experience for our customers. You will also work closely with experts from Financial Markets, supplying crucial elements of the end solution.
Roles and responsibilities
As Senior Product Manager, you will be our product expert. Determining what is needed to deliver the best FX product possible. You will actively develop your knowledge about the Business Banking segment and the FX market in particular. You will get a thorough understanding of the existing FX products and processes within ING and explore how we can best leverage them. Working together with colleagues from sales and product tribes to explore possibilities to get things done and deliver an attractive proposition in the market.
You will be working on:
- Gathering insights on customers and market developments in the FX domain to determine valuable new/improved features
- Setting up customer research/experiments to validate the problem or solution fit of your improvements
- Defining the desired solution and product roadmap
- Working with UX to translate that to concrete designs
- Coordinating with IT architects and developers to get a clear picture on the required technical solution
- Translating longer-term deliverables into short-term implementation. This will require refining epics, defining and clarifying requirements, assessing the value of requested functionalities and identifying dependencies.
- You will translate these requirements into clear functional requirements and acceptance criteria and discuss them with the IT engineers of your squad and other squads who you have dependencies on.
- Cooperating with other business & IT squads to contribute to the changes we need achieve our goals
- Defining an analytics (tagging) plan and setting up dashboards to monitor usage of your product and identify improvement opportunities from customer and commercial perspective
- You will have an active role as a business SPOC during the implementation stage of features, assisting IT colleagues in development, creating (chain) test scenarios, test cases, and executing tests to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
- Together with the team, you will be responsible for all activities to ensure we comply with ING's risk policies.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. You know what kind of data you need and how to get it. With a curious mindset for the underlying application architecture, relevant IT landscape and technologies across different business units.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in digital product development
- Experience with foreign currency exchange
- A professional working proficiency skill level in English and Dutch
- Strong analytical skills and take decisions based on data and facts
- You provide and ask for constructive feedback
Rewards and benefits
A great team in an informal working environment where we strive for the very best and have fun while doing so. We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days, depending on contract
- CSR days: up to 2 days per year to actively engage in society by volunteering
- 13th month salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- Mobility card
- Attractive pension scheme
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
Questions or want to apply?
If you have any questions, please reach out to the recruiter that is linked to this vacancy. Are you already sure that you are the we are looking for? Please apply with your resume and remember to include your motivation. We would love to hear from you!
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people ‘do their thing’ in life and in business. At ING Business Banking, we have around 150 advisers across the country, working in 12 regions. We’re a team of people with fresh ideas, working together with integrity and with the customer’s interests at heart. There is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.