Internship Corporate Finance (M&A, Capital Markets)
Please note that a fluent command of the Dutch language is required for this position.
ING’s dedicated Corporate Finance team focused on the Financial Institutions sector (“Financial Institutions Advisory Team”) is part of the Dutch investment banking division of ING Bank NV. With a history stretching back some 200 years, ING is a leading international bank which offers an extensive portfolio of products and services to clients throughout the world.
The Financial Institutions Advisory Team in Amsterdam hires interns on a rolling basis. Specifically, we are looking for candidates who are available for periods of at least 4 months. The team is responsible for the origination and execution of High Value-Added transactions (M&A, ECM, DCM and other complex financing structures) within the Financial Institutions / Fintech sector.
In this job, you will play an active role in the origination, structuring and execution of transformational transactions for leading financial institutions and related companies. Examples of previous transactions include the acquisition of Klaverblad Leven for TPG, the acquisition of Delta Lloyd by NN Group, the IPO of NIBC, the sale of DeGiro to flatex, the acquisition of Quintes by Aquiline Capital Partners and the acquisition of Buckaroo by Keensight Capital.
The team consists of c. 20 professionals in Amsterdam, London and Singapore.
- Doing industry research, market-, peer group- and benchmarking analysis;
- Preparing, analyzing and explaining historical and projected financial information;
- Supporting the team with preparing presentations and pitch books;
- Participating in all aspects of M&A / Capital Markets transactions;
- Assisting and analysing due diligence information and review transaction documentation;
- Preparing financial models;
- Maintaining active contacts with others departments / disciplines, such as DCM, ECM, Financial Markets and FI Relationship Management.
Your profile and competencies
- Master student, looking for an internship for a period of 4-6 months
- Strong academic record with above-average grades;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (verbal and writing);
- True team player, entrepreneurial mindset and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, pro-active and self-motivated;
- Willingness to work in Amsterdam
- Ability to work under pressure, without losing your sense of humor;
- Excellent analytical skills, eye for detail and accuracy.
What we offer?
Join a highly motivated team of professionals on the most challenging and high-profile transactions with international exposure. Opportunity to work in the most dynamic industry environment, which is rapidly changing on the back of changing client needs, regulatory requirements and funding constraints. Unique proposition to further develop your skills and interact with clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a deal-driven environment and gather real work experience in combination with advanced training on the job (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, SNL, Office).