Internship DCM Solutions - Financial Institutions Capital Structuring & Rating Advisory
ING Wholesale Banking (“WB”) Debt Capital Markets is looking to hire an intern with a strong ambition to work in the Financial Institutions Capital Structuring & Rating Advisory team based in Amsterdam.
Within Debt Capital Markets (‘DCM’), the Financial Institutions Capital Structuring & Rating Advisory team acts as an advisory boutique and is specifically geared towards offering innovative solutions to Financial Institutions (banks and insurance companies) in the structuring and issuance of fixed income instruments, with a focus on debt capital securities.
We are based in Amsterdam and London, but our team has a truly global reach operating as an overlay for ING’s global DCM franchise. DCM is the unit of ING Wholesale Banking who advises and arranges debt securities funding for corporates, financial institutions and governments on the capital markets.
- Compile weekly newsletters on regulatory and market developments relevant to ING’s clients
- Maintain various capital instrument database on an ongoing basis tracking market developments
- Support the team in developing client presentations and pitches including capital projections, peers benchmarking, credit ratings analysis, and market updates
Who we are looking for
To be considered for this internship we require the following knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor degree required, Master level preferred from an internationally acclaimed university
- Well-rounded academic background with coursework in finance, economics & business studies preferred
- Demonstrable affinity with Financial Markets
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Power Point and Excel skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Basic accounting knowledge and familiarity with banks and/or insurance companies’ regulatory disclosure is a plus
- Basic knowledge of international bond markets and fixed income instruments is a plus
What do we offer
- Advanced training on the job: unique opportunity to learn about financial markets in practice
- Live deal-execution experience with an active role in deals with high market visibility
- Exposure to complex advisory projects requiring cooperation with other departments
- Opportunity to create a network within ING as well as in the wider banking sector
- Competitive allowance and reimbursement of public transport costs
You will be joining a small, highly skilled team who will be training and guiding you and as such, you will be seen as a full member of the team.
- Applicants will need to be EU nationals or non-EU students enrolled in an EU university with a valid working permit for the Netherlands
- Applicants need to be registered as a student with an educational institution for the full duration of the internship
- Applicants need to be available full-time for the full duration of the internship