Senior M365 - Teams Unified Communications Engineer
Senior M365 – Teams Unified Communications Engineer
Making a difference with reliable and user-friendly digital workplace services
The ING tribe Workplace Services is responsible for the digital workplace of all 55.000+ global ING employees. We ensure that our colleagues can work simply and safely with any device, wherever they are. We deliver services that are vital to ING’s business operations, so when working for our team, you can make a tremendous impact! Are you up for it?
We provide hardware (such as laptops & mobile solutions and video conferencing tools) and a large variety of business productivity software, including collaboration services such as Teams, SharePoint and Outlook. We also provide the infrastructure and 3rd line support for these services. WPS has standardised on SaaS (cloud) services and ING is still one of the first financial institutions that have fully committed to a truly Modern Workplace based on Microsoft 365.
ING: the next step in your career
The WPS tribe has a well-established track record of attracting and growing top talents from all over the world. WPS for many is the first step into the ING world, the beginning of a great career in ‘The IT-company with a banking license’.
To enable our ongoing success, we are constantly looking for an experienced Teams Unified Communications engineer with a passion for Microsoft 365 Teams and Teams Room systems, Teams Telephony. Apply if you are interested and we will jointly find the best fit for you in our organisation!
What will you do?
- You are maintaining and improving our services as part of a cross-border squad of peers and customer journey experts. User satisfaction is key to us!
- SaaS vendors constantly release new features; you will help to keep up and preferably stay ahead with our own feature requests to them.
- You and your colleagues will be developing the services for the future, automating and simplifying it, as well as making them more robust and secure.
- We are a valued partner for many of the big suppliers, including Microsoft. You are in frequent contact with their key staff / product groups.
- Were a bank, so we are highly regulated - we must be if we want to safeguard our clients’ data. This requires thorough administration and strong processes; can you automate these and make them less of a burden.
- No day will be the same, we work agile. We stimulate proactivity - you have the freedom to choose your own course of action for projects and other tasks whenever possible.
- We provide a 24/7 global service. You will also share the responsibilities of the team in solving 3rd line incidents on a rotation-based scheme, doing administration and participate in standby services.
We are looking for the seasoned IT experts with at least 5 years of experience in comparable roles and ideally the following additional qualifications:
Education and experience
- You have a degree in computer science, Business Administration, IT Audit or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- You have IT experience with Microsoft 365 technology in an enterprise-level multinational organisation, including relevant Microsoft 365 certifications to show for it.
- . In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Teams and the broader Microsoft 365 suite is essential. This includes understanding the features, configuration, administration, and integration of Teams with other Microsoft services . Familiarity with telephony systems, VoIP, SIP, and audio/video conferencing technologies is essential.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Teams Room systems
- Unified Communications Experience: Strong background and practical experience in unified communications and collaboration solutions is necessary. This involves working with communication platforms, such as Session Boarder Controllers, PABX systems, video conferencing systems, instant messaging, presence, and enterprise telephony.
- Networking and Infrastructure: Proficiency in networking concepts, protocols, and infrastructure components (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.) is important for troubleshooting and optimizing network performance related to Teams UC solutions.
- Problem-Solving and Troubleshooting: A Teams UC engineer should possess excellent problem-solving skills to identify and resolve complex technical issues. Troubleshooting experience with audio/video quality, call routing, connectivity, and integration problems is highly valuable.
- Security Awareness: Understanding security best practices and protocols within the context of unified communications is crucial. This includes knowledge of authentication, encryption, data protection, compliance regulations, and privacy concerns.
- With respect to automation: PowerShell has no secrets for you, and you have experience with automated Deployment in Azure DevOps pipelines for both scripts and configuration as code.
- You have worked in highly regulated environments like financial institutions before.
- You are a frequent visitor of conferences and meet-ups, you constantly try to improve yourself. Furthermore, you like to challenge others to improve as well, and you train and/or coach them.
- Communication and Collaboration: Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary for interacting with team members, stakeholders, and end-users. Collaboration skills are essential to work closely with other IT teams, such as network administrators, security specialists, and system administrators
- Adaptability and Continuous Learning: The field of unified communications is constantly evolving. A successful UC engineer should be adaptable to change, stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, and be willing to learn and acquire new skills regularly
- You know how to visualise, articulate, and solve complex problems.
- In your previous roles, you were the ‘go-to-person’ for the team when encountering challenges. You are a genuine team player.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At ING we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We offer you a career with a 36 or 40-hour contract and a unique proposal that fits in with modern day times. At ING, we have a hybrid mode model where people have the flexibility to work from the office and from home to have a better work-life balance.
What we offer:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience, including a reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home for at least 50%.
- 24-27 vacation days depending on your contract.
- Pension scheme, 13th month salary, 8% holiday payment and an Individual Savings Contribution (BIS) of 3.5% of your gross annual salary.
- A progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life.
- Excellent courses and educational programs to help you fulfill your ambitions, as we understand the value of individual development for both you and us!
- You’ll be part of a diverse and international workforce; based in Netherlands and Poland but consisting of 100% globally oriented experts.
- An informal work environment, where we highly value inclusivity and stimulate you to be you.
So, are you looking for an IT job opportunity in an interesting, fast-moving and international environment? We are open for your application!