IT Infrastructure Project Manager
We at ING are looking for 2 new IT Project Managers to join our team. As a Project Manager of our area ING NL Engineering Enablement you will drive technical initiatives (implementations/migrations) that span across all IT domains of Tech DBNL intending to make it more reliable every day.
You will be part of a chapter of 4 other Feature Engineers, all working on different initiatives. Though we work on different initiatives and many of us work from home most of the time, we try to bond more and more. For example, coffee meetings, organizing office days, learning sessions, chapter meetings and fun activities.
Role & Responsibilities
For Tech DBNL, reliability and availability are critical, and we, as Project Managers play an important role there. For example, with participation in initiatives like Stop The Line and Next Gen Tech, but also by identifying improvements ourselves and driving them towards implementation. We also align with senior IT management on improving availability and security.
Some examples of initiatives we work(ed) on:
- Migration of >400 database servers toward our private cloud
- Implementation of the new ING pipeline (Azure DevOps)
- Migration of Reliability Toolkit 1 to Reliability Toolkit 2 / MDPL
- Encryption of Data in Transit
- Implementation of new resilience architecture patterns
- Big LCM topics such as the Migration of Windows
- Lead the implementation of new process models
- Coordinating improvements capabilities related to testing
How to succeed
You might not tick all boxes and that is okay; do not let it hold you back from applying! But our ideal candidate brings in the following:
- You have a strong IT infrastructure/ reliability mindset background, understand the process of developing and deploying software at ING, and are familiar with our architecture.
- You have at least 3 years of experience with IT project management in an agile environment, where you are not the boss but get things done by building relationships and convincing people.
- You have worked with senior managers but can also build a relationship with IT engineers.
- You enjoy presenting. You are good at preparing excels and presentations, are happy to take the stage, and have no problem Speaking for a group.
- You are convenient with working relatively individually. Of course, you have the support of our chapter and chapter lead if you run into issues, but usually, there is not a large team working closely together on the initiatives described before.
- You are enthusiastic about solving problems.
- Challenges and optimizes the Way the Tribe is applying the delivery model by bringing in new ideas to improve the Way of Working and coaching others. Coaches continuously for improvement and stimulates squads towards maturity in collaboration and content.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on the contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th-month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
Contact Fabian Nagy in our TECH recruitment team fabian.nagy@ING.com for more information about this role. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.