IT Chapter Lead Pricing and Billing
We are looking for an experienced IT Chapter Lead for Java Backend Chapter in the area of Pricing and Billing within Products domain. We are looking for someone who has a passion to lead by example and build a safe, secure and quality ecosystem within our area. The chapter consists of engineers with expertise both in development as well as operations.
Pricing and Billing platform (EPOS) is the core platform responsible for providing Catalogue, Rate and Fee details for our consumers, which is then is used by millions of our customers and businesses for various Pricing and Billing solutions in multiple countries. This is enabled by providing robust, scalable and adaptive global IT solutions.
We appreciate distributed and hybrid work environment. Innovation and fun is our driving force: We're leveraging the power of best and the latest trends in business and technology to deliver the most innovative Pricing and Billing solution in the market.
ING works in multi-disciplinary teams based on Scrum, Agile and DevOps principles. Responsibility for Infra and Security is adapted within the squads, Business and IT have joined, making a squad end-to end responsible for a customer journey or product. For more about our way of working please visit:
Roles And Responsibilities
- Together with your Engineers: end-to-end responsibility for keeping your IT environment safe and within risk scores, up and running, healthy, secure, documented and standardized where possible
- Together with the Product Leads, you balance team development, delivery and timelines
- Member of Area Leadership team
- Together with the IT Area Lead and other Chapter Leads a vision is developed and executed to inspire engineers to grow and drive technological innovation. Managing your chapter means enabling engineers in your chapter to grow their mastery and to develop themselves through continuous on-the-job coaching, 1-1 conversations, creating a development plan and monitoring it together.
- Finding the true purpose of your engineers and enabling them to grow in what they are passionate about and excel in finding that win-win situation for the engineer and ING. You use your seniority to maximize team performance.
- Push innovation and continuous improvements, where you have the possibility to show your work on platforms with high impact for our consumers.
- Work in an international environment with some team members offshore.
- Identify and fulfil IT knowledge gaps within your chapter ensuring that your chapter is qualitatively properly staffed
- Mentor and guide chapter members to help them reach their full potential.
- Train the engineers to grow their skillset.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technologies to ensure our platform is up to date. • Ensure the team's familiarity with ING's IT landscape (tools, technologies and processes).
How to succeed
We hire people who believe they can make the difference, who are ready to add own flavor and style, who like to learn and share, who take the responsibility. In return, we'll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering
- Proven track record and proficiency in IT development in Java (10 + years) and thorough knowledge of the other tech stacks.
- 5 years of leadership experience in big organization preferably in financial sector.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Database concepts and hands-on experience with SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience and through understanding of any public cloud
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation, continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines
- IT Risk awareness and understanding of Security Concepts in software development is required as you are expected to be able to work on IT Operations and Risk Compliance.
- Inspire and develop mindsets to be Risk compliant on time for all our assets
- Experience with process improvement and automating the manual tasks
- Identify and limit the operational risks associated with IT systems
- Identify, review, and make recommendations on key risks and control issues
- We expect the ability to transfer knowledge back to the ING Bank by holding presentations, workshops, documentation and most important: setting new standards for
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
● A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
●24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.