Risk officer Transaction Approval -Structured Debt & equity
Are you able to analyse business models in a quick and profound way and translate challenging financing requests into a balanced credit structure which is acceptable for all parties? Please apply and we hope to talk to you soon!
We are looking for a Financial Risk Specialist to join the Structured Debt & Equity (SDE) team within Transaction Approval & Advice (TA&A). The TA&A teams of ING Domestic Bank (55 FTE) are responsible for managing credit risks of customers within ING Netherlands and play a pivotal role in the lending process.
In specific, the SDE team is responsible for all new transactions and in life monitoring for acquisition and leveraged finance in the Dutch Mid Corporate market. In addition, the team covers sustainable project finance (e.g. solar and wind projects) and subordinated debt and equity investments made by ING.
Our team consists of 6 Financial Risk Specialist from different backgrounds. We work from our office in Amsterdam. Our team is transaction oriented, self-steering and flexible.
We contribute to the results of ING by safeguarding a balanced loan portfolio and assist in taking acceptable (credit) risks. We specially focus on advising and approving credit transactions for acquisition finance by Private Equity investors. Furthermore, we strive to monitor our portfolio and corresponding risk costs in a data driven manner.
Roles and responsibilities
SDE focusses on Mid Corporate business clients with a complex financing need. You will independently advise on credit applications in close cooperation with other ING departments. In doing this, you will have daily contact with the front office teams who are responsible for the origination of the transaction. In addition, you provide input on and challenge term sheets to maximize feasibility of the transactions and optimize the risk / reward balance. On occasion and when relevant from a credit risk perspective, you will visit business clients together with your front office colleagues. The experience you gain while assessing individual credit applications is valuable for other teams within ING as well as important input for data driven decision making.
In addition, you have an important role as a representative of credit risk management in projects related to the further development of data driven (automated) decision making and the optimization of portfolio management.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in credit risk management or in a commercial position within a financial institution (preferably in acquisition / leveraged finance or a corporate banking team involved in comparable transactional work).
- Strong communication skills both written as verbally in both Dutch and English.
- Proficiency of analysing and summarising high volumes of business, financial and transactional information under time pressure.
- A strong opinion, whilst adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- Affinity with data, data analysis and automated credit decision making automation.
- An unlimited eagerness to learn and work on your personal development.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find more about our employment conditions at https://ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24 – 27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure your work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.