Account Manager Credit Restructuring
Are you looking for a new global challenge? A challenge where you need your experience and expertise with lending transactions structuring and negotiating? We might have that challenge for you!
Global Credit Restructuring (GCR) is globally responsible for a safe, compliant and data driven credit loss process by managing loan loss provisioning, finding solutions for clients in financial difficulty and by closing the learning loop on lessons learned. We take responsibility for finding solutions for ING’s clients in difficulty, acting as the restructuring knowledge center for ING. GCR teams have been integral to some of the most interesting and complex restructuring transactions across various sectors and geographies. We are committed to together preserve principal, maximize recovery, and develop a strategy which best benefits ING Bank and its clients. You will operate globally in our GCR Wholesale team with eight experienced colleagues who are based in Amsterdam.
Roles and responsibilities
Together with other restructuring specialists, and where possible independently, you will manage the problem loans of ING and be responsible for defining and executing strategies for clients in financial distress in order to optimise value to ING. As a part of a restructuring or recovery process, you will advise and report on appropriate loan loss provisioning in compliance with the legal and regulatory frameworks to safeguard the reputation of ING and minimise financial costs to the organisation. Where needed, you will support projects related to (regulatory) reporting on non-performing loan portfolio or other projects with relevance for GCR.
You will take a coordinating approach during the restructuring process, with frequent client interaction. This position offers a superior learning experience as files under our responsibility have complex financing structures requiring out-of-the box thinking while safeguarding alignment within diverse syndicated lender groups and possibly various other stakeholders. Therefore, your working environment is challenging and dynamic in which you will be responsible for connecting with – and coordination between - internal and external stakeholders.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Min 5 years’ experience in lending transactions structuring, negotiation, and execution.
- A mindset that is positively challenged when working on multiple projects, under stress and with tight deadlines.
- Work collaboratively as well as independently in a changing environment where interests are not always aligned.
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders, both within and outside ING.
- A practical approach, focused on problem solving and coming up with creative solutions.
- Good verbal and written communication in English, committed to understand key issues of the client in distress with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of credit risk management processes, the ING business and organisation.
Reward and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24 – 27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.