Risk Officer Transaction Approval-Real Estate & Private Lending
Are you able to analyze business models in a quick and profound way and translate challenging financing requests into a balanced credit structure which is acceptable for all parties? Please apply and we hope to talk to you soon!
We are looking for a Financial Risk Specialist to join the Real estate & private lending team within Transaction Approval & Advice (TA&A). The TA&A teams of ING Domestic Bank (55 FTE) are responsible for managing credit risks of customers within ING Netherlands and play a pivotal role in the lending process.
Our team consists of 8 Financial Risk Specialist from different backgrounds. Our office is located in Amsterdam with the possibility to work from home part of the week. Our team is transaction oriented, self-steering and flexible.
In specific, the real estate & private lending team is responsible for new transactions and in life monitoring for real estate transactions in the Dutch private banking and mid-corporate market.
We contribute to the results of ING by safeguarding a balanced loan portfolio and assist in taking acceptable (credit) risks. Furthermore, we strive to monitor our portfolio and corresponding risk costs in a data driven manner.
Roles and responsibilities
You will independently assess credit applications for commercial real estate, like residential, offices and logistic. You will advise/decide on the risk appetite for a specific transaction and ensure compliance with ING policies. You will participate in deal teams and indicate what our risk appetite will be. In doing this, you will have daily contact with the front office teams who are responsible for the origination of the transaction.
In addition, you have an important role as a representative of credit risk management in projects related to the further development and implementation of policies, data driven (automated) decision making and the optimization of portfolio management. In this role you are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- An academic background (Msc) in finance, business, or economics
- 2+ years of experience in a lending environment within a financial institution
- We like our new colleague to have a background in commercial real estate and are therefore also open to candidates which have not worked for a financial institution before
- Proficiency of analysing and summarising high volumes of business, financial, valuation and transactional information in a short period of time
- Persuasive, client focussed and decisive to find credit solutions which fit the client and the bank
- Project management skills and open to change
- Affinity with data, data analysis and automated credit decision making automation.
- Strong communication skills both written as verbally in both Dutch and English
- An independent thinker, not afraid to provide a different point of view and a good sparring partner for our colleagues from the business
- Team player, enjoying cooperation across the bank and committed to help others
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find more about our employment conditions at https://ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24 – 27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure your work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.