Platform Engineer Pricing & Billing
If you are a motivated Platform Engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, apply today to join our team and help shape the future of technology in our area. Together, we'll build and maintain a scalable and highly available platform while proactively managing risks, monitoring performance, and coaching the next generation of engineer.
ING's strategy is focused on two main goals: achieving sustainable income and further digitalizing customer journeys. To achieve this strategy, ING is building a global, integrated product, pricing, and fee calculation solution called EPOS. We currently support ING in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Australia and plan to support all ING countries in the future.
The Catalogue, Rates, and Fees area is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of this solution. Within this area we are looking for an experienced ops(platform)engineer.
Things we accomplished recently:
- Moved our core application to the private cloud.
- Moved our apis to containers and manage those openshift
- Onboarded API clients from different countries on our apis
- Migrated our ansible playbooks to Azure pipelines
Role & Responsibilities
- Platform Architecture: implement and maintain highly available and scalable cloud-based platforms that meet the needs of our clients.
- Infrastructure as Code: Develop and manage infrastructure as code
- DevOps Integration: Collaborate with DevOps teams to ensure smooth CI/CD pipelines and efficient application deployment.
- DevSecOps Security: Implement (automate) and maintain robust security measures to protect our platforms from vulnerabilities and cyber threats.
- Risk Assessment: Identify potential risks and vulnerabilities in platform architecture and work on risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitoring and Optimization: Continuously monitor platform performance, identify bottlenecks, and implement optimizations for improved efficiency.
- Alerting and Incident Response: Set up proactive alerting systems and develop incident response procedures to ensure platform reliability and availability.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation for platform architecture, configurations, and procedures.
- Coaching and Knowledge Sharing: Mentor junior team members and share your expertise through coaching and knowledge-sharing sessions.
How to succeed
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- You have proven experience as an OPS/Platform Engineer or similar role.
- You have experience in scripting and automation (e.g., Python, Shell).
- You have a solid understanding of networking principles and protocols.
- You have great problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- You are a strong communicatior and like to collaborate with others.
- You are eager to learn new technologies and ability to pick up things quickly and put them into use.
- You think it through and look at the larger picture
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.
One last thing…
If you are still not sure or feel that you don't meet 100% of the requirements, apply anyway! We don't hire off keywords. We hire real people who are willing to make mistakes, learn and grow in their careers. We look forward to your application!
Please make sure to attach a motivation letter during your application.