VMware DevOps Engineer
If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can live by the agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on.
You are highly skilled in VMware and have knowledge of complementary tools like vROps, LogInsight. For you availability, reliability, sustainable performance of the IT environment is utmost importance. You are pro-active, like to analyze trends and report or create dashboards. You are familiar with programming languages like PowerShell, and have interst in automating. If this fits you, we are looking for you!
You will work in a multidisciplinary squad with end-to-end responsibility on supporting ING Private Cloud services. Yourself and your colleagues work in a DevOps way of working.
Roles and responsibilities
You’ll be working within Tech/Infra as a VMware DevOps Engineer. At ING, the purpose of Tech/Infra is to deliver reliable and cost-competitive IT Infrastructure services that can be consumed on-demand via a self-service portal and APIs. You’ll be working as a core member of a multi-disciplinary squad with end-to-end responsibility of the underlying infrastructure services. Your focus will be on maintaining, improving, and automating the VMware technology stack (ESXi, vRealize) enabling our consumer squads to work in an Agile and DevOps way.
To be considered for this position you must be knowledgeable about server hardware and infrastructure, have an extensive understanding of VMware datacenter virtualization, and demonstrable expertise in PowerShell.
Competencies - Skills
• 5+ years maintaining an enterprise class VMware environment
• VMware certified
• VSAN Configuration / Management
• TFS / Azure DevOps
• Server hardware and maintenance experience
• Able to perform performance and capacity management on virtual environments
• Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
• Good understanding of storage technologies and topologies
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Competencies - Behaviours
• Mindset of openness and willingness to try new ways of working and technologies
• Energetic, enthusiastic, & eager to learn and share
• End-to-end ownership mindset
• Independent and autonomous in completing tasks
• Reflects upon behaviours and performance to proactively identify improvement areas
• Strong problem solver to structure and improve complex situations
Your education and background
• Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
• Experience from working in high performing (Agile) IT teams
• Certification on VMware hybrid clouds solution or equal
• Certification and/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages, like Java and PowerShell.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English, Dutch also preferable.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
24-27 vacation days depending on contract
13th month salary
Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
8% Holiday payment
Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.