Private Individuals Strategy Support Lead
ING’s purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. Our strategy is built around our purpose and making the difference for people and the planet. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, a strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place where we believe that you can make the difference by using machine learning to generate data driven products and solve the most pressing business challenges, please read on.
A strategic, dynamic and international setting serving our 38+ million clients, working in a highly ambitious team with great development opportunities.
The team | Global Retail
The Global Retail organisation is end-to-end functional responsible for the three retail segments: Private Individuals, Business Banking, and Private Banking & Wealth Management. Key responsibilities will be: to define and cascade down the segment strategy, manage commercial and financial performance, and first line risk and regulatory responsibilities. In our Global Retail strategy, Superior Customer Experience and Sustainability at heart in a safe & secure environment are the key enablers of business growth.
The head office teams will accumulate segment intelligence and best practices, ensure segment-wide consistency and scale successful local initiatives across the three segments. To put our customers first and really make the difference, we focus execution capacity close to the customer.
Roles and responsibilities
The Private Individuals Strategy Support Lead supports the Head of PI and the Global PI Product Coordinators in their job to formulate the strategy for the PI segment as well as to drive the overall segment P&L by clear business prioritization of global Private Individuals activities. This includes matching demand and supply in the team and acting as link between the head office and the local PI segments. The Private Individuals Strategy Support Lead leads a team of transversal Change Execution professionals which have a solid understanding of one or more Private Individuals products.
- Contribute to co-creating the Private Individuals vision, strategy and roadmap and translating this overall strategy for the product lines into short & longer-term business objectives and quantify business outcomes & budget
- Responsible for driving the prioritization of Private Individuals global projects/ activities/ deliverables - to support Global Head of PI and Product Leads
- People management of Change Execution team including dividing work and steering on output/ outcome and coaching/ developing the team.
- Managing complex stakeholder environment by steering on facts, discussions based on thorough analysis and guide local implementations. Acting as linking pin towards other Global Retail teams, wider ING departments, countries, global standards. Actively stimulating countries to share (best) country practices
- Ensure integration of key activities or projects across the wider organization. For this purpose, coaches the organization in improving agile maturity for delivery on chain level.
- Assure progress by tracking dependencies, milestones and critical path to ensure successful delivery of the global Private Individuals change objectives; actively help managing issues and impediments.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
With your exceptional leadership skills, you will lead teams across various business lines and countries, fostering awareness and driving success.Your cultural and organizational sensitivity, gained from international working experiences, will be invaluable in understanding and adapting to diverse environments. You possess a profound understanding of the Private Individuals segment, allowing you to develop and implement the right diversified fee income strategy for maximizing Return on Equity (RoE) growth.
Your expertise in data analysis and insights generation will enable you to dive deep into reports, studies, and market research, providing valuable trends and actionable insights to drive informed decision-making. Your excellent communication skills make you persuasive and influential, ensuring stakeholder buy-in and collaboration.
With your ability to see the big picture and anticipate changes, you excel in planning and organizing, making you a strategic thinker capable of realizing goals. Your problem analysis and judgment skills enable you to develop complex and non-standard analyses, providing valuable insights for strategic decision-making.
You foster an empowering culture by creating a learning environment and being investigative and quick to learn. Your ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and business audiences ensures clear understanding and alignment across teams.
- Leadership experience in an international setting in the financial industry
- Proven experience in driving business performance and generating impact in complex (senior) stakeholder landscape
- Understanding of Retail Private Individuals segment and its core products and business models
- Experience with balancing client, 1st and 2nd line interests
- Excellent project management and data driven problem solving skills
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Full time position (40-hour week)
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Hybrid working to blend home working for focus and office working for collaboration and co-creation
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
Apply directly online. Send your CV and motivation. We look forward to your application.
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.